Question [SOLVED]Ethernet connected but no internet access, how do I fix this?

Jul 11, 2019
Long story short I’ve gone through all the obvious steps of fixing this issue and have narrowed it down to this: when I do netsh int ip reset in the admin CMD, one of the lines say “Resetting, failed
Access is denied.” I’ve managed to fix this by opening Regedit->Computer->HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nsi\{eb004a00-9b1a-11d4-9123-0050047759bc}->26, right click->permissions->select Full Control, click apply and then Ok. At this stage I open the CMD again as admin and repeat the same line as previously and the resetting, failed error ceases to exist, but for the changes to take place I must restart the computer. When I restart it, the same issue is there. Go to check regedit and the full control permission box is unticked. Is there any way to get out of this loop?? No ISP issues, WiFi on my phone and other devices work, the same ethernet cable in my ‘access denied PC’ plugged into a laptop (with its WiFi disconnected) works.

Last edited:
Reactions: mysoy7
Jul 11, 2019
FYI, when networking solutions are given, I don't remember anybody here say change registry. Oftenly items asked: ipconfig /all output, history, correct driver, fake CAT cables, RJ45 LED status, PING results.
I fixed it, in the ethernet properties, then ipv4 properties, the ip address had been set to “use the following ip address” which I never recall doing, switched it back to obtain an ip address automatically and all is fine. thank god

kanewolf

Titan
I fixed it, in the ethernet properties, then ipv4 properties, the ip address had been set to “use the following ip address” which I never recall doing, switched it back to obtain an ip address automatically and all is fine. thank god
Things like this is why we usually recommend running ipconfig /.all and posting the results. ipconfig will show things like this.