UserBenchmarks:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600 - 76.7%
SSD: Samsung 970 Evo NVMe PCIe M.2 500GB - 240.9%
SSD: Samsung 860 Evo 500GB - 96.9%
HDD: WD Blue 1TB (2012) - 76.3%
HDD: WD Blue 4TB (2015) - 73.5%
RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - 92.5%
MBD: MSI B450 GAMING PLUS (MS-7B86)
(UserBenchmark doesn't recognize my GPUs suddenly, it worked fine before, but I'm not gonna bother)
GPU1:NVidia GTX 750
GPU2: NVidia GTX 1060 6GB

Up until now i used the fan controller that comes bundled in with the be quiet! Silent Base 801. Using it with the standard fans i could control their speed either manually through a little slider on the case or, the more conventional way, adjusting a fan curve in the BIOS settings. Everything worked fine no problem. A while later i swapped the old Pure Wings 2 fans ( with 3 Pins) for my new Noctua NF-A14 PWM fans and i suddenly couldn't control them via the BIOS fan curve. They only worked on the manual speeds. I even asked for help here on the forum but to no avail and i soon just forgot about the issue entirely.

Because of the following issues, I'm now thinking of sticking to the built in controller, so my first question would be what i can do to make the Noctua fans work with it and have them controlled over the BIOS.

Now i wanted to tackle the issue again, i just bought a new fan controller, the Corsair Commander Pro and hoped for it to just work. And it kinda does. I can control the fans via the Corsair LINK software just fine but i noticed a bunch of other issues which is where my topic actually begins. The LINK software is showing me wrong temperature reads for the CPU even though Hardware Monitor and MSI Afterburner show the correct temps. The RPM for the GTX 750 aren't shown at all in the LINK software and HWM and it shows 7 different temp reads for the motherboard and I'm sure mine only has four, as seen in Hardware Monitor.

Is there anything i can do about all this? its difficult trying to adjust fan speeds and whatnot when having to rely on three different pieces of software plus the BIOS itself, and not being able to 100% trust any of them.

Last edited:

Bongert

Reputable
Jul 30, 2020
I don't know about the software issues and i won't bother any more because i managed to find the issue with the noctua fans not working with my old controller. turns out that two out of 4 of my 4 pin headers on the motherboard don't work properly anymore. managed to find one that works and can controll my fan speed now.