[Solved] Frequent BSOD with different RAM sticks

shazzy182

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
Hi everyone :) ,

how u'all :) ?................

[strike]
Jumping to ma Queries:

I have been using a transcend 2GB stick and then I got a 2GB corsair stick .... I have already posted this but I need some more clarity on dis.

* My Transcend 2GB's description can be found here

* And Corsair's details here

now using these two sticks causes frequent BSODs :( . now I was suggested to get a new ram of same make.

Question 1: is there a way to solve dis (BSODs without changing the Sticks) ?

Question 2:Will this work with my values select RAM

[/strike]

MY RIG :) (YES A BIT OUT DATED)
GTX260 (planning for a R9 270x :) )
Corsair 430X PSU
Core2Duo E7500
P5G4 1T- MLX

Thanks ! @Alex and @Tradesman1 for helping me solve the issue ABOVE!

But sadly there are some new issues! this time its the GPU!!!!

shazzy182

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014

My MOBO's BIOS has 0.06 as increment value in Memory column and 0.006 in NB voltage column so u want me to raise 0.06 in NB? not 0.006?

==EDIT==
========

Silly me I forgot that RAM's basic voltage is 1.5V I set em at 1.25 :p and got BSOD's

so I set em little above 1.5 and NB as auto and have no BSOD's yet ... :D :D

ill update soon Thanks man!

========
=EDIT 2==
========

BSODs seem to have stopped :) . but the data seems to get corrupted... i tried installing skyrim again but it always fails and when i try the same with one 2gb stick works fine..... any pointers guys?

shazzy182

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014

Ok man... what abt the nb voltage what is the stock voltage? And what is the upper limit for the dram voltage?

shazzy182

Honorable
Jun 27, 2014
@tradesman1 yes buddy no BSODs and by data corruption I am pointing out that whenever I try to do a big installation or handle big files it throws a crc .. but when I try the same with single stick it works like a charm.

Alex Kelly

Honorable

I understand, but unfortunately, it's going to be impossible (or VERY difficult) to get them to work properly with each other. :(

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Are you guaranteeing that? I ask as there are tons of the threads where people have taken that advice and had problems...DRAM is packaged in different amounts of sticks for compatibility - they have been tested to all work together. You take a set of X model A that you bought a week ago and go out today and buy an identical set, it will probably be made using PCBs from different production lots, Memory chips the same, even solder from a different lot...there is no guarantee....feel free to ask the DRAM manufacturers or even mobo makers....can they work together - yes, but it's a crapshoot, I've had lots of sets theat sit right in and play, have also had the exat opposite, even to sets that just won't play, and I'm quite comfortable going in and playing with secondary and tertiary timing...not a whole lot of people are

Alex Kelly

Honorable

They are different brands. Playing with the timings and frequencies MIGHT work though.
I do agree, he should try different timings and frequencies first, I just highly doubt it's ever going to work perfectly. :(

Tradesman1

Legenda in Aeternum

Again interesting statement, between here and the GSkill forums I'd guess I've helped a couple thousand folks get mismatched sets to work - there's no guarantees but generally more often than not they can be made to play nice.... ;) Regardless if they do or don't, if you already have them it's worth a try...