Question (SOLVED) Frist build help. Fans not spinning? And more

Dec 20, 2021
Hi,
So i finally got to make my first pc ever, and i went with these componenets
Remember, i am pretty new to these things so if you could explain it as simple as possible, i would appricate it alot, thanks :)

• My pc build:
Motherboard: MSI MK MPG Z690 EDGE WIFI DDR4​
CPU: Intel Core i9-12900K​
CPU Cooler: NZXT Z53​
GPU: Gigabyte AORUS GeForce RTX 3080 Ti MASTER​
Ram: G.Skill TridentZ Neo Series - 64GB: 2x32GB - DDR4 - 3600MHz​
PC Fans: Cooler master sickleflow 120 argb​
Storage: Samsung 980 SSD PCIe 3.0 NVMe M.2 - 500GB​
PSU: Cooler Master V Series V850 SFX​
Case: Lian li O11 Dynamic mini​

• Questions:
1. My fans "Cooler master sickleflow 120 argb" doesn't spin. Well 1 does and that's the one that is plugged into the SYS_FAN1 - Now.. bare with me here because its my first build. I saw this video and daisychain it. (Link is below)​
In my mind i am thinking that daisy chaining them and then plugging the first one that is also connected with the Cooler Master button will make them all spin and have RGB? But no… only that 1 out of 9 is spinning. They all do have RGB/Colours but only 1/9 spins. How do i make all of them spin?​
Also.. I'm 99% sure that i did something wrong, so please dont roast me haha​
2. How on earth do I change the RGB colours with software? - I have an MSI Z690 MOBO, I want to avoid the dragon center software but even using other software they don't seem to be able to change colours?​
3. My Lian Li power button on top of the case, is switching between a Dark Blue color and a Purple color. I have googled it but i didn't really undestand what it meant... could anyone explain me as simple as possible, and if its even normal? - If not what to do?​

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021
1. Why didn't you get a hub?

2. I want to avoid the dragon center software
You will need that to manipulate the RGB/ARGB. Either that app or this one by Coolermaster.

3. If the power LED and HDD LED are consolidated in one area, then the blue and red will give you a purple color.
1. Mhh that would maybe be good to have haha, but i have these (image below) - can i plug the fan power Thing to the splitter? So 3 fan into 1 and then plug it Into a SYS_FAN on my motherboard? (can i do that with all 9 fans and then have in total 3 plugged SYS_FANS

2. Thanks you, will check it out once my fans problem are fixed

3. Not sure if i undestand. Around my power button from the Lian Li o11 dynamic Mini case is switching between dark blue and a purple color. You probably answer it but my brain is a little behind knowgelde in this area... Is there any way you may be able to answer differently? Sorry <3 (also is it something bad? Or is it normal that all lain li mini case have)

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021
also on the splitter, two of the black cables only has 3 pins and the red has 4.
Is that okay?
Do i still just plug my fans into one of the red that has 4 pins and the rest to the two black that has 3 pins? Even tho the fan thing has 4 pins?

Last edited:
Dec 20, 2021
And also.. why is there even a red and two black things on the splitter?
does the red just work the same as the two black ones? Even tho the red has 4 pins instead of 3 like the two black ones

Since the splitter comes with 3in1 fan, does that mean that the splitter has enough A to power the 3 fans? It says on each fan 0.37A

Last edited: