[SOLVED] SOLVED! Gigabytye GTX 1050 ti (GV-N105TD5-4GD) No signal

Apr 19, 2021
So I have a GigabytyeGTX 1050 ti (GV-N105TD5-4GD) that was working fine and then after a reboot it shows no signal. The onboard video does work. If the 1050 is connected and the monitor is plugged up to it, I cannot even get into the bios because of no signal. I can get into the BIOS via the onboard graphics though. These are the specs:
  • GigabytyeGTX 1050 ti (GV-N105TD5-4GD)
  • ASRock B250M Pro4 motherboard
  • RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance LPX 8GB (Model CMK8GX4M1A2400C16) x 2
  • Windows 10
  • EVGA 450W bronze PSU
Steps I have taken:
  • Plugged the video card into another computer (it works)
  • Updated BIOS to latest version (no change)
  • Set in BIOS primary monitor to both PCI Express and Onboard with various boots (no change)
  • Set BIOS to turn off onboard graphics when PCI-E device detected and set the opposite (no change):
  • When onboard is set to always on, monitor plugged up to onboard, and 1050 is plugged in then it boots to windows and windows sees both the onboard and 1050 in device manager
  • Tried card in the other PCI-E slot (no change)
  • Plugged another PCI-E device (a wifi card) into both PCI-E slots and the wifi card worked
  • Reset the bios to factory (no change)
  • Enabled and disabled the CSM options (no change)
  • Set the PCI-E slot to gen1, gen 2, gen 3, and auto (no change)
  • Reset CMOS
  • Replaced motherboard battery
  • Tried various cables

Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance

Solution
So I have a GigabytyeGTX 1050 ti (GV-N105TD5-4GD) that was working fine and then after a reboot it shows no signal. The onboard video does work. If the 1050 is connected and the monitor is plugged up to it, I cannot even get into the bios because of no signal. I can get into the BIOS via the onboard graphics though. These are the specs:
  • Windows 10
  • EVGA 450W bronze PSU
Steps I have taken:
  • Set in BIOS primary monitor to both PCI Express and Onboard with various boots (no...
  • Windows 10
  • EVGA 450W bronze PSU
Steps I have taken:
  • Set in BIOS primary monitor to both PCI Express and Onboard with various boots (no change)
  • Set BIOS to turn off onboard graphics when PCI-E device detected and set the opposite (no change):
  • When onboard is set to always on, monitor plugged up to onboard, and 1050 is plugged in then it boots to windows and windows sees both the onboard and 1050 in device manager
  • Tried card in the other PCI-E slot (no change)
  • Plugged another PCI-E device (a wifi card) into both PCI-E slots and the wifi card worked
  • Reset the bios to factory (no change)
  • Enabled and disabled the CSM options (no change)
  • Set the PCI-E slot to gen1, gen 2, gen 3, and auto (no change)
  • Reset CMOS
  • Replaced motherboard battery
  • Tried various cables
Any help at all would be greatly appreciated and thanks in advance
Boot the pc into safe mode, use ddu. And install drivers before newest drivers shut off windows auto update and make it so it can't auto install "windows variation" of gpu drivers.

Reactions: YellowBird
Solution
Apr 19, 2021
I will try this in the morning, thanks. One question though, would windows drivers prevent me from even seeing the bios screen? Seems like I would still see the bios but after that I would not see anything. When it was working, the NVIDIA drivers were what was installed.

Apr 19, 2021
Boot the pc into safe mode, use ddu. And install drivers before newest drivers shut off windows auto update and make it so it can't auto install "windows variation" of gpu drivers.

Thank you! So this did work, thank you so much for taking the time to help me out.

SOLVED

Reactions: white.a.drew
I will try this in the morning, thanks. One question though, would windows drivers prevent me from even seeing the bios screen? Seems like I would still see the bios but after that I would not see anything. When it was working, the NVIDIA drivers were what was installed.
Yes and no it deepends
Generally updating the drivers also updates the bios to the card. Which can casue the card not to read period during boot sorry never hit post