[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Google Gives "Your Connection Is Not Private" Error

Not open for further replies.


Dec 30, 2016
I've been using Windows 11 for a few months without many problems, but a couple weeks ago I suddenly had a problem whenever I wanted to access Google. Just the search engine, Google Docs and Youtube and other sites owned by Google work perfectly fine. Other search engines work fine. Specifically, google.com gives the "Your Connection Is Not Private" error.

I tried multiple techniques from various sites elsewhere. I tried to use a different browser and turn off my firewall and anything else that might be causing the problem, and it didn't work. I even brought my computer to a friend's house and that didn't do anything, so it's not a problem with my wifi network. The only thing that worked, strangely, was waiting. If I leave my computer on for a few days, it seems to fix whatever went wrong with Google and I can search normally again. And if I reboot my computer, suddenly Google is back to not working. I have no idea what I did to trigger the change.

OS: Windows 11 Pro x64 Version 21H2 (OS Build 22000.739/22000.708, for First/Second drives)
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 2700X Eight-Core Processor 3.70 GHz
RAM: 24.0GB Dual-Channel Unknown @ 1066MHz (15-15-15-36)
Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co. Ltd. B350 TOMAHAWK (MS-7A34) (AM4)
Graphics: 8176MB ATI Radeon RX Vega (ASUStek Computer Inc)
PSU: EVGA Supernova 850 G2


EDIT: I figured out what the problem was with my certificate, although I still have a lot of questions about how it happened I did manage to fix it. I have a VPN that I had been using to change countries a lot in the past few weeks. Apparently, somehow I picked up the certificate for a foreign Google domain, and for some reason that conflicted with the American domain, or expired or something. So then, even with the VPN off, Google registered my certificate as "expired" because I had saved a different country's.

Anyway, I had to specifically delete the second Google domain certificate (not the normal google.com one, the foreign one) using the standard browser certificate management setting. It's only been a few minutes now, so hopefully the problem won't come back. I still don't know how I managed to fix the certificate temporarily those times my computer was running for a long time, but it doesn't matter now.
Last edited:
Not open for further replies.