[SOLVED] How to install Windows 8.1 when screen broken?

LyricLy

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
So basically, I want to install Windows 8.1.
I have Windows 8.1 Pro on my computer already, and it would just be a complicated explanation to tell you why I want 8.1 instead of 8.1 Pro.
Anyway, back to the question. I've burned the ISO, set up all the things I need to and I'm all ready. However, when I try to boot up the CD that I burned, I can't see anything properly due to the fact that my laptop screen is broken.
Currently I'm using my laptop as more like a desktop tower, connecting it to a keyboard, mouse and extra screen.
But when I boot up the CD, it shows the installation process on the broken screen.
Thus, I can only see around half of the screen, so I can't complete the installation. I don't even know whether or not the CD burned properly. I could be installing Ubuntu (again)!
So, I would like help to figure out how to tell the CD that I want to use my second screen, or even disable my screen temporarily.

Solution
Nevermind, solved it myself. Ran setup.exe on the disk by mistake and was able to setup the install on my desktop, where my external monitor was working. Thank you for your help.
look on the laptop F keys one should have a little monitor image usually f4 or f5 but not always

hold down fn key and tap the F key with the monitor symbol--it toggles internal/external/both screens

or if the bios displays ok you can tell it to do the same in the bios

https://www.ntlite.com/

LyricLy

Reputable
Jun 14, 2015
Nevermind, solved it myself. Ran setup.exe on the disk by mistake and was able to setup the install on my desktop, where my external monitor was working. Thank you for your help.

Solution