[SOLVED] [Solved] I just restored my PC from a recent restore point but now my games can't access their files.

Status
Not open for further replies.

outlawstar15a2

Distinguished
Mar 25, 2010
I had to do System Restore a few hours ago because I accidentally unplugged the PC tower from the UPS while trying to reseat my second monitor's power cord and corrupted my Windows installation. System Restore didn't fix the issue even though it said it did but SFC came to my rescue. Ok fine. But now all my programs and games are giving me errors telling me they can't reach their launchers or any file loaded in subdirectories of %username%/ particularly anything in appdata. I just get access denied error as if System Restore reverted control of the directories to the OS itself. Is there a program that will help me fix this? Or do I literally have to reinstall all my programs and games?

==

Nevermind I fixed it. Apparently System Restore botched my installation of the Paradox Launcher v2 even though it wasn't on the list of affected programs. I uninstalled it and let Crusader Kings 3 reinstall it and now it works fine and all my other programs are working too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS