[SOLVED] SOLVED: Intel Gigabit PCI-e adapter not working

Oct 14, 2019
Hey people,

I just purchased a brand new PCI-E Gigabit adapter from Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-io/ethernet/gigabit-adapters/ct-desktop.html
But Im having a hard time to get it functioning, will I get it? The card is installed to mobo and if I connect ethernet cable to it, it flashes green/orange light which means it's alive, but it won't show up in device manager. I tried to download adapter driver from link I posted but installation keeps saying "the operating system is not supported".
The motherboard model is: MSI X58 Pro-E.

What should I do? Shouldn't this work with this mobo/Win10?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Tried to download driver from this link, got this picture during installation.
OS is Win10 Pro.
cbcxixu.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 23, 2019
Hey people,

I just purchased a brand new PCI-E Gigabit adapter from Intel https://www.intel.com/content/www/u...-io/ethernet/gigabit-adapters/ct-desktop.html
But Im having a hard time to get it functioning, will I get it? The card is installed to mobo and if I connect ethernet cable to it, it flashes green/orange light which means it's alive, but it won't show up in device manager. I tried to download adapter driver from link I posted but installation keeps saying "the operating system is not supported".
The motherboard model is: MSI X58 Pro-E.

What should I do? Shouldn't this work with this mobo/Win10?
Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Tried to download driver from this link, got this picture during installation.
OS is Win10 Pro.
cbcxixu.jpg
Ok.. first turn on ur mobile data or wifi in ur smartphones.. Then connect the smartphones into the PC or Laptops.. Then select usb thethering on ur smartphones..
#Then
Download & install this S/W..
#driveeasy OR .... something
After downloaded install & open this software then scan & find the WLAN adaptor driver... It's recommended to download or update.. if u purchase that's Ur wish... My option find the WLAN version & type the same version number & download in online then install 90% working fine that's solve.. 👍

Last edited:
Oct 14, 2019
After I moved the network adapter into PCIe x16 slot BOOM!, everything started to work automatically.

That's very weird since in the manual it points to install it into x1, well whatever now it works.