solved lag in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow2266

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
So i just recently moved all my pc components into a new case, powered it on and everything seems to be working fine. So i go to load up fortnite and it works fine i get no problems. But i come back to my PC later and i am getting a lot of what seems to be lag. I can run around in save the world fine but suddenly i my character will stand still and everything will freeze and then i will teleport back. At first i thought this was an issue with fortnite or with my hardware but i have tried playing other games (Rainbow six, CS-GO, Rocket league) and i am getting the same lag back. It is definitely a network issue as when i play rainbow 6 and my game freezes i get a network connection icon at the top of my screen. No idea what to do, i have checked windows updates, i have checked for new drivers. My PC is connected via Ethernet so i am thinking of getting a new Ethernet cable. Any ideas what might be happening, all my games are literally unplayable.

It sounds like something is loose in or around your Ethernet port. Try unplugged and replugged your Ethernet cable. You should hear a click when it is all the way in. Hopefully the port itself didn't get knocked around while moving the motherboard to the new case, but some MBs are a tight fit ... it happens. A new cable is also worth trying, especially if the the old cable had a bend or a kink from the old cases location.

Of course, this is assuming that everything was working before the new case.

Shadow2266

Commendable
Aug 5, 2016
Hey, i made a new updated thread with new information
Link - http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/answers/id-3773503/ethernet-download-speed-drops-kbps-games.html.
I have tried another cable and the issue persists. The problem is that my Ethernet connection seems to drop the download speed to 0kbps and so my game loses connection for a few seconds and causes lag. Strange thing is that wifi works much better so i will be using wifi for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.