[Solved] LG OLED Flashes to Black w/ GTX 1070 OC

Gearz557

Prominent
Mar 21, 2017
Hey! Not sure which forum to put this in. I suspect a GPU/PC issue and figured the experts here might know more about the issue than the display guys.

Anyways, I just bought an LG OLED55C6P that I intend to use as a second monitor to stream content on. I live in a studio apartment so my gaming rig is in the living room right next to my TV. I've connected the TV to my PC via HDMI.

The issue I'm having is that on the SLIM chance that the TV actually decides to detect the HDMI signal (it appears to detect it randomly, or if the TV is on first) it continually flashes to black at a 1 to 2 second interval...sometimes the screen stays longer but most times not. The TV isn't cutting off, it's just going to black. Also, while this is happening the computer detects the TV continually. There is not a moment where it doesn't detect the TV.

I've hooked the same HDMI output on my GPU to my old 2008 32" LCD and it works fine. I've plugged my xbox360 into the same port on my TV and it works fine. I've checked all the ports on the TV and they all seem to do the same thing when interfaced to my GPU.

I've searched around and have heard references to black screen flashes, but haven't seen a clear solution.

TV Firmware & GPU Drivers are up to date. TV Input set to PC. The HDMI cable is a little older...maybe 4 years old, but still works fine with the other devices I've mentioned.

This is my first time owning a 4k TV so I don't know if upgrading RAM is needed for it.

Specs:
Windows 10 Home (x64)
MB: ASRock P67 Extreme4
CPU: i5-2500K
GPU: Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming
RAM: 8GB DDR3
Power: Corsair Enthusiast Series 850-Watt

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: So I'm noticing when I set my TV to 1080p the issue completely ceased. It picks up the signal just fine and the blinking completely disappears. It appears that my PC is having issues pushing 4k...even if it's just to a empty desktop image. From what I'm reading the 1070 shouldnt have much of an issue pushing this out. It's actually the reason why I got it over a 1060. Any thoughts?

SOLVED: Yeah...so that "little older" HDMI cable was the issue. It wasn't manufactured for 4k. Bought a $10 Vizo HDMI cable at Walmart...works perfectly now.