[Solved] Microsoft common controller for windows class not in list under microsoft

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Hello,

I have a problem that has been unresolved throughout microsoft forums in regards to x360 pad drivers, a few dozen people have had this problem, and so do I now.

I've tried all the common and uncommon ways of trying to go around this issue, turning policies off and on in gpedit, installing 1.1 and 1.2 wireless and wired, shortcut with compatibility mode, through directing it to the .ini file, have/had multiple versions of those.

I've spent the last three nights trying to get it to work to play rocket leauge on free weekend, refusing to play on kb past day one for such a game. The problem is, going into device manager -> unknown device -> update driver -> browse my computer -> select from list -> have show all devices / untick the show compatible hardware -> going under microsoft,

theres nothing there Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver for Windows Version: 2.1.0.1349 [8/13/2009] Like that. So, if anyone has any suggestions please help. I've had driver signature off, ive had it in test mode and out of it.

Solution
I have solved the problem and I am ashamed at what it was lol. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51QZC-9EiKL._SL1000_.jpg

That connector is dusty/used/wobbly. Pushing it togheter and blowing air into it like a cartridge solved it for me, im going to buy a replacement one and let know if that is guaranteed the problem.

I had my one and an identical borrowed pad, the connector end from my pad didint work on both, and his end worked on both pads. I've recieved a replacement and it works a jiffy.
So anyone with an error 21/43 should swap their exchangable end or clean it.
Ok how are you connecting the controller to your system.

With the Microsoft Xbox 360 wireless package for Pc ?
You do know you have to buy the kit version for Pc if you want to use a 360 wireless pad don`t you?

Just checking.

If you are using a wired adapter from a xbox 360.
Make sure you plug it into a usb 2.0 port on your system it will not work right via usb 3.0 ports or if you have fast charging ports or any kind of usb turbo mode enabled for the usb 3.0 ports.

That also goes for the usb wireless dongle you use with the Pc with the windows wireless edition 360 controler also do not plug it into a usb 3.0 enabled usb port on your system.

Also state what windows OS version you are using 32bit or 64bit. and if windows 7,8,8.1, 10 is your os version number.

Click on the link bellow, there are drivers for the wireless 360 windows controler.

And the wired controler also.
In 32bit and 64bit for windows 7.

Right click on the driver install click on properties.
Select the compatibility tab and select compatibility for windows 7 if you are using a higher windows version.
Tick the privilege box for run as administrator.
Click ok or apply.
Then launch the driver installation with a left mouse click.
Any software that comes with the controler for calibration or controler setup set the compatibility mode also and admin status.

install.

https://www.microsoft.com/hardware/en-us/downloads

Make sure you install the driver for wired xbox 360 controler, or the wireless version of the driver and the right bit version 32bit or 64bit depending on what your installed os says it is.

Once done restart the system.
When windows loads go to the search box and type : USB GAME.

You should see the the search result : Setup USB game controllers.
Click on it.
See if the 360 controler is displayed in the new windows that opens for a list of usb controllers connected to the pc.

You can calibrate the controler via the properties tab in the new window or the advanced tab one or the other.

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
64 bit windows 7, wired, its plugged into the front port's that are 3.0 but are set at 2.0 at mobo, and they worked for it before, but i can swap if that can be an issue for the sake of installing the driver for any reason.

Result wise i can get to http://www.s-config.com/core/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Update-Driver-for-Xbox-360-Chinese-Receiver.png and having this on the screen, if i turn off automatic windows driver install to get to that page exactly. But when i get to http://www.gamekeysnow.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/padsetup8.jpg I dont have those three listed.

I did however, try going manual, with extracted setup files so the .ini thats in the exe. through Have disk.. and i encounter http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/fb/350x700px-LL-fb9669f9_audio-gddriverinstallerrormanual-Copy.png.

If i go through browse folder it says windows has determined the driver software for your device is up to date.

I have also bothered to sit through with a microsoft 1st line support guy for 2h, it was a lot of boring trying to get him to actually start trying to do something past basic, if i can describe it that way and in the end we ended up at him wanting to do an inhouse upgrade after numerous restarts, standard and clean boot, reinstalling drivers in those modes

Also, when going into c:/windows/ and searching for the drivers, xusb21.inf and xusb21.sys are there. I haven't looked for any other.

I also receive error code 43

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I have entered into the registery for the driver through HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{D61CA365-5AF4-4486-998B-9DB4734C6CA3} and when going into the properties for it access is denied, which i assume might link to the code 43. nvm, i got access to it with psexec and theres nothing there really.

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Deleteing the key and replugging the pad asks for a restart and the pad is constantly lit up. Restarting makes it broken. Also it changed the name of the key from microsoft common controller to xbox 360 peripherials. restarting it again made it work for around 5 seconds with lit up player one, then fail again. sometimes they are all lit up and nothing else, sometimes its blink and off.

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
Reinstalling windows fixes it but something I install <mod edit> it. I know that the driver itself is there because if registery key is removed microsfot common controller for windows class is not on the list of devices to pick from. No matter what though under Microsoft there still isint anything listed

<Watch your language in these forums>

Sorry.

Kierownik

Distinguished
Jul 17, 2010
I have solved the problem and I am ashamed at what it was lol. https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/51QZC-9EiKL._SL1000_.jpg

That connector is dusty/used/wobbly. Pushing it togheter and blowing air into it like a cartridge solved it for me, im going to buy a replacement one and let know if that is guaranteed the problem.

I had my one and an identical borrowed pad, the connector end from my pad didint work on both, and his end worked on both pads. I've recieved a replacement and it works a jiffy.
So anyone with an error 21/43 should swap their exchangable end or clean it.

Solution