[SOLVED] {SOLVED} Motherboard logo infinite boot

Dec 26, 2021
My PC was running slow yesterday only when I was playing Gems of War on Steam. Everything else seemed to be working like the web browsers and other apps opened with no problem. I then realized my Rainmeter stopped working while I was playing Gems of War and the game was running really slow so I decided to restart the PC and maybe that would fix it. Now I'm only able to get into BIOS but if I try to go to Windows it just sits at the TUF GAMING logo and the circle like it's loading in. I've tried entering the Preparing Automatic Repair but it does the same thing, TUF GAMING logo and infinite circle never loading anything after. I've tried reseating the RAM and checking each one to see if that was the problem, tried default BIOS settings and still nothing. I've also tried booting from a USB to reinstall Windows and still getting the infinite loop. I'm running out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.

Tried so far:

Turning on/ off
Reseated RAM, tried one stick at a time, then both again
Jumped CMOS/ Removed CMOS Battery and jumped connectors
Tried booting from USB
Left on both boot screens for over an hour, turned off and unplugged from all power overnight
Default BIOS settings and DOCP settings

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor | $290.74 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler | $29.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $186.99 @ Amazon
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $90.41 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $150.00 @ Amazon
Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB GAMING Video Card |-
Case | Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact TG Light Tint ATX Mid Tower Case | $109.99 @ Walmart
Power Supply | Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $79.99 @ Newegg

| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-25 17:46 EST-0500 |

I've updated BIOS to latest 4102 a few weeks ago and everything was running smooth still. The newest thing I had downloaded was Gems of War in Steam so I don't think it could've been that. While I was shutting down the first time I remember seeing something named rxdiag something was stopping windows from shutting down but I didn't think anything of it and did a force restart and now here I am.

SOLVED : It happened to be my 3.5" drive that was at fault taking it out seemed to fix the problem.

Last edited:
Solution
My PC was running slow yesterday only when I was playing Gems of War on Steam. Everything else seemed to be working like the web browsers and other apps opened with no problem. I then realized my Rainmeter stopped working while I was playing Gems of War and the game was running really slow so I decided to restart the PC and maybe that would fix it. Now I'm only able to get into BIOS but if I try to go to Windows it just sits at the TUF GAMING logo and the circle like it's loading in. I've tried entering the Preparing Automatic Repair but it does the same thing, TUF GAMING logo and infinite circle never loading anything after. I've tried reseating the RAM and checking each one to see if that was the problem, tried default BIOS...
My PC was running slow yesterday only when I was playing Gems of War on Steam. Everything else seemed to be working like the web browsers and other apps opened with no problem. I then realized my Rainmeter stopped working while I was playing Gems of War and the game was running really slow so I decided to restart the PC and maybe that would fix it. Now I'm only able to get into BIOS but if I try to go to Windows it just sits at the TUF GAMING logo and the circle like it's loading in. I've tried entering the Preparing Automatic Repair but it does the same thing, TUF GAMING logo and infinite circle never loading anything after. I've tried reseating the RAM and checking each one to see if that was the problem, tried default BIOS settings and still nothing. I've also tried booting from a USB to reinstall Windows and still getting the infinite loop. I'm running out of ideas and any help would be appreciated.

Tried so far:

Turning on/ off
Reseated RAM, tried one stick at a time, then both again
Jumped CMOS/ Removed CMOS Battery and jumped connectors
Tried booting from USB
Left on both boot screens for over an hour, turned off and unplugged from all power overnight
Default BIOS settings and DOCP settings

PCPartPicker Part List

Type|Item|Price
:----|:----|:----
CPU | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X 3.7 GHz 6-Core Processor | $290.74 @ Amazon
CPU Cooler | Cooler Master Hyper 212 Black Edition 42 CFM CPU Cooler | $29.99 @ Newegg
Motherboard | Asus TUF GAMING X570-PRO (WI-FI) ATX AM4 Motherboard | $186.99 @ Amazon
Memory | Crucial Ballistix 16 GB (2 x 8 GB) DDR4-3600 CL16 Memory | $84.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 860 Evo 250 GB 2.5" Solid State Drive | $90.41 @ Amazon
Storage | Samsung 980 1 TB M.2-2280 NVME Solid State Drive | $109.99 @ Amazon
Storage | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive | $150.00 @ Amazon
Video Card | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti 8 GB GAMING Video Card |-
Case | Fractal Design Meshify 2 Compact TG Light Tint ATX Mid Tower Case | $109.99 @ Walmart
Power Supply | Thermaltake Toughpower GF1 PE 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply | $79.99 @ Newegg

| Generated by PCPartPicker 2021-12-25 17:46 EST-0500 |

I've updated BIOS to latest 4102 a few weeks ago and everything was running smooth still. The newest thing I had downloaded was Gems of War in Steam so I don't think it could've been that. While I was shutting down the first time I remember seeing something named rxdiag something was stopping windows from shutting down but I didn't think anything of it and did a force restart and now here I am.
On a working machine put a copy of memtest86 on a flash stick.
See if it will boot on the problem machine.
If it does not unplug all disk and see if it will boot.
If it does boot let it run a pass....no errors allowed.

Solution