[SOLVED] [solved] Mouse & keyboard only mounting 5 sec's after windows login with USB sounds every time

Status
Not open for further replies.

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
I don't know if I'm right in here because I don't know where the problem exactly comes from. Might be BIOS settings, might be something in windows.

So when I boot up my computer keyboard & mouse do light up when I get to the "Press F2 to enter UEFI/BIOS" screen. Then, if I let that pass windows is booting (with the loading circle on screen) and now the keyboard and mouse get dark and disabled again.
I have to wait 5 seconds after windows login until I hear two times the USB plugin sound and then keyboard and mouse light up again. I can't use them before this happens.

So my guess is, that it's maybe some settings in BIOS/UEFI since I installed windows on GPT instead of MBR this time. So I tried disabling secure boot but that didn't help either.
I also tried uninstalling USB host controller in windows device manager...nothing. Maybe something blocks the USB controller until windows fully boots up?!

Using Asus Z390-A mainboard.

This issue is very new. I can remember times when that didn't happen. So it's defenitely not the mouse or keyboard itself.

Last edited:
Solution
Ok guys I just fixed it somehow.
I unplugged all USB devices on the backside. Then added one and restarted each time. I don't know why, but now mouse, keyboard und usb audio interface do act normal again. I really don't know why but ok :p Tried so many things but not this easy <Mod Edit>...

The usb plugin sound is still coming up, but I found out that it's coming from the G Hub Suite from logitech. When I deactivate G Hub on startup the sound doesn't come up. However, I need it so I will have to live with it.

Thanks you so much for all your help!

Colif

Win 11 Master
they work in bios, then windows has to logon to load drivers... so its not bios problem. its windows.

Are they wired mouse/keyboard or wireless?
Do they have their own software?

do you have latest bios/chipset drivers as that might help.
USB drivers are built into windows

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Yes I am also very sure it's windows. Resetting bios didn't fix it.
So they are wired both from Logitech using the G Hub Suite which I already uninstalled without any effect.

But: I figured out, that it's not only mouse and keyboard. I can hear the USB sound 3 times. 2 times over the monitor's speakers (that will be keyboard and mouse) und the third one over speaker (which might be because then the USB audio interface gets mounted).

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
It seems every time G Hub starts it makes that noise anyway. LInk - so that just adds to the confusion. I never noticed as my speakers were normally off at startup. I used to have a G910.

does it happen in safe mode?

go to settings/update & security/recovery
under advanced startup, click restart now button
this restarts PC in a blue menu (mouse should work here)
choose troubleshoot
choose advanced
choose startup options
click the restart button
choose a safe mode (it doesn't matter which) by using number associated with it.
Pc will restart and load safe mode

just wondering if its caused by another driver

i don't understand why this happens, USB devices working, windows loads, they stop working... is a pattern I saw a lot in last few years. Yours is special in that it starts working once you are logged on.
It could be another piece of hardware not responding to a message sent to it at start-up and only when that times out, it goes to next item in order.

So do you got the usb connect sound at startup even with G Hub removed? I wonder if it was all gone
download and run Driverview - http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/driverview.html
All it does is looks at drivers installed; it won't install any (this is intentional as 3rd party driver installers often get it wrong)

When you run it, go into view tab and set it to hide all Microsoft drivers, will make list shorter.

see if any Logitech drivers left over.

Ds_Tech

Great
Jan 25, 2021
It may be driver problem or
try changing different usb slots
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
4 x USB 3.1 Gen 2 port(s)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
5 x USB 3.1 Gen 1 port(s) (3 at mid-board)
Intel® Z390 Chipset :
2 x USB 2.0 port(s) (2 at back panel, )
GL852G USB Hub :
4 x USB 2.0 port(s) (4 at mid-board)
Or Try updating bios mentioned in website
Version 1704
2020/11/06 8.45 MBytes
PRIME Z390-A BIOS 1704
"-Improve system performance
-Updated RC 7.0.70.20
-Improve system stability while using Thunderbolt device."

skrippi

Prominent
Jul 2, 2020
Ok guys I just fixed it somehow.
I unplugged all USB devices on the backside. Then added one and restarted each time. I don't know why, but now mouse, keyboard und usb audio interface do act normal again. I really don't know why but ok :p Tried so many things but not this easy <Mod Edit>...

The usb plugin sound is still coming up, but I found out that it's coming from the G Hub Suite from logitech. When I deactivate G Hub on startup the sound doesn't come up. However, I need it so I will have to live with it.

Thanks you so much for all your help!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ds_Tech
Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.