[SOLVED] My M.2 SSD in PCIe show in bios, but not in windows

Oct 17, 2019
I recently bought a Adata SX6000 Lite M.2 SSD that I connected to a PCIe x4 adapter and then plugged into the PCIe x16 slot. At first it work perfectly, I initialize it, create a partition and even I can test the speed and move my game file there.

But then I got problem, suddenly I can't move a single file after a few copies. It said invalid ms dos function. So I run chkdsk. But after I ran chkdsk, my SSD is not showing anymore on Windows, even in the Disk Management. But I checked in my BIOS, it's still there.

I checked the Device Manager, in Storage controllers, one of the Standard NVM Express Controller cannot start.

Motherboard : MSI B450 Tomahawk
CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G
GPU : Galax GTX 1050
DRAM : XPG Adata D40 8Gb Single Channel
Storage :
  1. XPG Adata S40G (Boot), slot M.2 Motherboard
  2. WD Blue 1TB, Slot SATA
  3. Seagate Barracuda 2TB, Slot SATA

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 17, 2019
Hi, thanks for you response.

But unfortunately reseating, reinstall the standard nvm express won't work.
Reseating still not show, and uninstall standard NVM Express Controller still in error after refresh.

I switched my XPG S40G from Motherboard slot to the PCIe slot, and SX6000 from PCIe slot to the motherboard slot, then I turn on my PC and it works. It can be boot from XPG S40G from PCIe slot. Then I switched it again, XPG S40G to the motherboard slot, and SX6000 to the PCIe slot, and still works.

But after I restart my PC, the SSD not shows anymore.

Last edited: