[SOLVED] SOLVED My SSD (Windows 10 pro) should have 500 gigs of free space but doesn't

Dec 29, 2019
This is a 2TB SSD, which suddenly became full. I've done all the usual scans for odd stuff, viruses, etc . Treesize shows 80g free but only shows about 1TB of used space when I add it up. I removed 1.2TB from the drive and put it elsewhere, and the free space on the drive actually decreased!! This is my boot drive, btw. I'm baffled!
In addition, Disk management shows normal 2 partitions (system reserved and C) and is formatted MBR, but various partition management programs show both partitions as "unformatted". Advice from the gurus would be appreciated - I have backups, but want to know what's going on before repaving!

Solution
SOLVED! I rebooted from the Windows CD, went to repair options, and told it to repair. It spun for a while, rebooted, spun some, and rebooted correctly. On examination, bother partitions now show in partition magic as formatted, the drive space is correct, and all seems well!! The cause remains a mystery!

Thanks for the help!
Dec 29, 2019
SOLVED! I rebooted from the Windows CD, went to repair options, and told it to repair. It spun for a while, rebooted, spun some, and rebooted correctly. On examination, bother partitions now show in partition magic as formatted, the drive space is correct, and all seems well!! The cause remains a mystery!

Thanks for the help!

Solution