[Solved] New motherboard. All HDD drives are showing but still getting "The system cannot find any bootable devices"

freeman21

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014
Hey guys,

I just changed my CPU (to an i7 8700), motherboard (Asus Prime H310 - Plus) and RAM (2x 8gb).

Installed all the hardware, powered on the PC > everything seems to be powered and working fine. Still, I just get a black screen with nothing showing/loading.

Restarted > now the PC goes straight to BIOS. Everything seems fine here also (including temperatures etc). Also, all of my HDD drives are showing in the SATA information Box. I have 4 HDD drives:

- 125 GB intel SSD (windows 10 installed on this one)
- 1 TB Samsung SSD
- 2 TB Western Digital
- 1 TB Seagate

As you can see in the screenshots, whenever I click the Boot Menu option, i just get the "The system cannot find any bootable devices" error.

Also, if you look at the "Boot Priority" part of the screen, it says I should choose/drag items, but I can't drag anything there - and yes, I tried dragging the HDD drivers from the "sata Information" part of the screen :) Doesn't work

No idea what I'm doing wrong, but I'm guessing it's a BIOS setting problem, as all hardware seems to be working properly :-/

Also, all HDD drives are fine, had them on my previous configuration.

PNMIitJ.jpg

NDPPNbD.jpg

chfVJA7.jpg

0MHY2tx.jpg

BCWhyXW.jpg

Solution
If you havent done that already can you try the following; (doesnt matter if you have, just a better order to do it this way)

1. Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
2. Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
3. Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
4. Press F10 to save and exit.
5. Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the Unit restarts.

jay.wooster

Prominent
Sep 27, 2018
If you havent done that already can you try the following; (doesnt matter if you have, just a better order to do it this way)

1. Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing and holding F2 key when powering on.
2. Switch to “Boot” and set “Launch CSM” to Enabled.
3. Switch to “Security” and set “Secure Boot Control” to Disabled.
4. Press F10 to save and exit.
5. Press and hold ESC key to launch boot menu when the Unit restarts.

Solution

freeman21

Honorable
Nov 6, 2014

This worked! Thanks a lot mate. now that you've mentioned it, I remember having a similar problem a few years ago and managed to solve it myself by just changing that.