[SOLVED] [SOLVED] New screen with horizontal lines

Twinrehz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
I'm not sure how to google this issue, so I have to just make a thread.

I got myself a brand new MSI MAG271CQR, 2560x1440 144Hz screen, and it has these weird "dark" lines across the entirety of the screen, which is most visible on grey background, like in this photo
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/473068206878228482/580728006084001833/IMG_20190522_140512.jpg

On the top of the photo, you can see what I mean. This is VERY visible, and it's all across the screen. It was there when the screen was running at 60Hz, when I switched on G-sync, when I changed the refresh-rate to 144Hz. No changing of settings did anything to it. I'm wondering, is there a setting somewhere that that I can change (it's even visible on the windows logo during boot), or is there something wrong with the screen? My graphics card is an Asus ROG Strix RTX 2070, and other screens connected to it do not have these weird lines.

Solution
Try using all available connectivity options for the monitor to rule out a faulty cable or port and then try a donor system that can handle the monitor to verify that the monitor is the culprit. Once found to be the monitor, you can proceed with an RMA. I'd suggest you bring MSI and your seller into the loop about the issue in order to bolster your claims for an RMA.

Mind sharing your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Lutfij

Titan
Try using all available connectivity options for the monitor to rule out a faulty cable or port and then try a donor system that can handle the monitor to verify that the monitor is the culprit. Once found to be the monitor, you can proceed with an RMA. I'd suggest you bring MSI and your seller into the loop about the issue in order to bolster your claims for an RMA.

Mind sharing your system's specs like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

Reactions: Twinrehz
Solution

Twinrehz

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2012
I've done some research, and it turns out the problem is the screen. I get the same effect with a different computer using a different input, and I eventually found some mentions about those lines being a sign of a faulty panel, so I'll be RMAing it.