(Solved) Newly built MSI B450M Gaming Plus no audio

Dec 13, 2019
Hi,
I have just build my first PC. Mostly went well except for the fact I have no audio from mobo panel or the front panel that came with the case. Audio works fine from monitor.
I have tried....
-Reinstalling RealTek audio drivers from MSI. Both the newer universal and the older one. I read in another thread to uninstall Nahimic (even though MSI website says it needs to be updated). I have tried it both ways.
-My chipset is updated from the same MSI website
-My default audio is set to Realtek audio
-Going to sound playback it detects my headphones (as speakers) but fails to play a test tone
-Tried multiple headphones
-Resetting BIOS settings
-HD Audio Controller is enabled in BIOS

Specs
Ryzen 3600
MSI Gaming plus B450m
Rx 5700 xfx
Windows 10 education

Everything was bought brand new. Please help

Last edited:
So apprently installing an older R2_81 version of Realtek and deleting everything nahimic related in the registery did the trick.
So do you think it was the Nahimic install that caused all your grief?

I've noticed a big uptick in people having audio problems coincident with later driver installs. Been wondering if the recent push to DCH/WDU driver certification is related to this; perhaps dregs from older drivers conflicting?

When I updated my audio driver I had to go to Windows Store to get the Realtek audio control panel back, for instance. That kind of stuff goes unnoticed by 90% of users.

The latest AMD WHQL drivers, 19.12.2, have gone DCH/WDU. You can tell the way Radeon Settings is compliant. No problems for me, though.