[SOLVED] *SOLVED* NO 4K 60Hz on Elitebook 840 G5 laptop with LG 4K 27UD68-W monitor (only 4K 30Hz)

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 13, 2019
I already tried to post this question on official HP discussion forum but I never get any answer on this forum... so here I am today, asking for you help. I usually comes here to discuss about overclocking and my gaming PC, but I am pretty sure someone will have experienced this issue with 4K display on a laptop...

So here we go; I have an HP Elitebook 840 G5 (3RF13UT#ABL) as my business laptop and I have a 4K LG 27UD68-W monitor that I connected to my laptop HDMI 1.4b port and for an unknown reason the maximum resolution that is available in the Intel control panel is 4K @ 30 Hz which is not expected because as per my laptop specifications, the HDMI 1.4b is 4K @ 60 Hz capable and my LG monitor have an HDMI 2.0 input which is also 4K @ 60 Hz capable as well, and finally I use a high quality HDMI 2.0 4K cable .

I already did lot of research on Google and done several test based on user's comments such as enabling the "HDMI Ultra HD Deep Color" mode into my LG monitor settings, I also disabled the widescreen scaling mode (switched to 1:1 mode) and of course I run all possible drivers and firmware update on my computer at first glance. Not matter what I've done, I am still stuck with 4K @ 30 Hz which is very annoying on fast movement such as mouse cursor...

Any suggestions??? My EliteBook is only 1.5 years old (3y warranty) and so I could possibly open a service case with HP, however I am not sure that this specific compatibility question is covered by the service anyway...

Thank you very much!

Last edited:
Solution
Just called HP technical support team and guess what... this is actually an ERROR on the HP website for this specific model as the HDMI port doesn't NOT support the 4K @ 60 Hz resolution... this is a typo error on website specifications!!! :mad:
May 13, 2019
Just called HP technical support team and guess what... this is actually an ERROR on the HP website for this specific model as the HDMI port doesn't NOT support the 4K @ 60 Hz resolution... this is a typo error on website specifications!!! :mad:

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.