[SOLVED] No Signal on Boot ~~ already tried the guide here

Aug 16, 2018
Hello all,

I recently finished a new system and , as the title suggests, simply get a no signal error upon boot. All the lights in the system turn on, as well as the fan and pump but nothing happens beyond that.

I also did a test boot of the system (just on the motherboard box) before I put it in the system, and all the components worked great.

Specs:

• 1950x
    Asus Prime X399-a
    EK Monoblock (CPU+VRMs)
    2x Strix 1080 Ti
    Ek GPU Blocks
    ASUS fancy high-bandwith SLI bridge
    Corsair Vengeance LED RAM, 32gb (4x8gb)
    Samsung 970-evo m.2 NVME SSD
    Corsair HX1000i PSU
    Ek D5 Revo Pump+Res
    2 Alphacool Crossflow Radiators
    9 Be Quiet! Silent Wings 3 Fans

So far I have tried:

• Using different ports and cables
    Unplugging the PC and holding the power-button for 45 seconds
    Swapping RAM sticks around
    Double and triple-checking GPU seating (one was slightly tilted, but fixing this didn't fix the issue)
    Double and triple-checking power cables (again ~ one or two were slightly lose, but fixing this didn't fix anything...)

Anything else I can try?

Edit
I cleared CMOS, and that didn't fix it. However, I then realized that for some reason my monitor way saying "DP (new line) No Signal". However...I was using HDMI. I tried plugging in a displayport cable, and then it suddenly worked. What is odd is that I was originally using a displayport cable ~~ my guess is that I had a different issue which I somehow fixed through one of the things I tried, but only after switching from DP to HDMI which is why I didn't notice anything.

Aug 16, 2018

Do you think I could get away with keeping both in? They're on water and it's a hardline loop so....if I need to I'll drain it but that's not ideal.

For future reference, it may be better to make sure all of your build works before adding the watercooling. It makes troubleshooting sooo much easier when you don't have to redo any cooling lines. Just sayin'. :D

Aug 16, 2018

I did, actually. And everything did work outside of the system. Tested both GPUs as well.