[solved] No video signal from the graphics card after windows 10 finished loading

klemenp15

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
When I turn on the PC, fans spin and everything works, it posts and everything shows up fine, but when windows finishes loading graphics card stops outputing the signal to monitor and leds on graphics card (sapphire illuminated logo) turns off too.
This happens only when I turn on the PC first time. When this happens I hold the power button for a few seconds so it shuts down and then turn it on again and it works fine.

PC specs:
Intel i7-2600K @ 4.3GHz (stable)
Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3P with latest bios
DDR3 1600MHz 2×4GB RAM
AMD Sapphire RX 480 Nitro 4GB with latest driver (tried going back to older and no difference)
PSU Antec NEOECO 650W
SSD intenso 120GB
HDD WD BLUE 1TB

klemenp15

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
I removed the gpu and booted on integrated gpu and it worked fine. Then I cleaned the contacts of gpu with paper and put it back in 16x slot as it was before and it worked fine aswell, but still when I got into windows the Radeon software reported a failure and reset wattman profile to defaults as it does every time.

scout_03

Titan
Ambassador
to clean the gold contact use a white eraser same as the one for pencil also your modular psu could have 4 pci-e gpu in did you try to use any of the other connector fro gpu on it with the others cable ,the watmann could do that to protect gpu from overpowering .