Question SOLVED not HP problem at all

May 31, 2019
Amazingly I have the same problem on 2 different HP printers networked to Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.
Printing a PDF of a Word table with invisible gridlines, and characters at 10 points, I first have some arial characters, a tab, then I switch to TNR in the same cell
About 15% of the time, the printers incorrectly keep printing Arial. Most of the time the printers DO switch correctly.

Printing text at 12 points not in a table, the HP printers seem to never fail to correctly switch FONTS.
Printing footnotes at 8 or 10 points, the HP printers seem to never fail. However, these lines start out with TNR, switch to arial, then back without any tabs.

And when I send the PDF off to KDP, the printed book comes back correct.

Obviously I could do more experimenting to pin this down, but hoped somebody had a fix.

May 31, 2019
I only work on one .docx. It has about 1000 tables. Any given one may print wrong. Word generates the PDF.
I use Foxit Phantom to print. At first I thought it was because I was printing in Landscape mode (4 of my 5.5x8.5" pages on one sheet of paper. So I wasted paper and printed portrait mode 2 per sheet and still found errors, although subjectively it seems like less frequently.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS