SOLVED Pc black screen after cleaning

ritch.sb12

Reputable
Nov 7, 2017
Hello guys,

Yesterday i opened up my pc case and cleaned my cpu fan with (ear brushers?). I did not use a vacuum. After i put everything back in its place. I tried starting the computed fans started spnning like before but after like 1-2 secs of opening the pc came a strange beeping noise. Which didnt happen before ever. And i have no signal on my monitor. I video taped it. Here is the link to the video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcfigADRwGc). Also i think that my gpu is somehow damaged? I dont know how but a quick question also. I would like to upgrade my GPU my budget is 100-140 euros. I can also look to buy used GPU.

What kind of GPU would you guys recommend me?
PC Specs:
Intel i5 4460 3200MHz
Motherboard: I dont know. but it has a PCI-e 2 16x
6GB RAM
1TB HDD
240GB SSD
nVidia GeForce GT705 1GB.
PSU: FSP GROUP INC. model: FSP300-60EP(1)

Thanks in advice.

Aygun

Solution
Hello guys thank you for all your answers. I was a little dumb not to see the ram sticks locks not go full in if you know what i mean basically i just push the ram in without locking it. Computer is running good now.
Sorry, I wasn't thinking clearly. From what I can tell your CPU has integrated graphics. If your motherboard has video ports, you can connect your monitor to that and remove the Graphics Card and it should switch over to integrated graphics. Do this with the computer powered OFF.

ritch.sb12

Reputable
Nov 7, 2017

I will try this tomorrow. So you mean if the computer works after i remove the graphics card that means it is damaged?

I was just thinking you could use the integrated graphics to be able to use CPU-Z to figure out the exact motherboard, then maybe the beep codes will make some sense. But if it works on integrated but not your graphics card, that might point to a problem with the card or the Pcie slot.

Edit: Looking at the back of the pc, it looks like it has a HDMI port and a VGA port, so assuming your monitor has one of those connections, you should be able to use the integrated graphics. The integrated graphics may even be better than your current graphics card.

https://www.google.com/search?q=Acer+TC+605&tbm=isch&source=iu&pf=m&ictx=1&fir=tbBAcFWo9HZVHM%253A%252CV9frXbVGqaqhZM%252C_&usg=__247LZ-lgs7LMBZ6jCLL2RSoGAzI%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiSx_DmvK3XAhXI5SYKHdYXAf0Q9QEIQjAF#imgrc=HUDNhiN2UH6izM:

Hmmm, I don't remember ever seeing a cover on a motherboard's VGA or DVI port, but if yours has one, my guess it would have to be removed before the motherboard is installed. But since your PC is a pre-built, maybe not. Try looking in your computer's manual, or use a pair of pliers to "gently" remove it.

ritch.sb12

Reputable
Nov 7, 2017
Hello guys thank you for all your answers. I was a little dumb not to see the ram sticks locks not go full in if you know what i mean basically i just push the ram in without locking it. Computer is running good now.

Solution

ritch.sb12

Reputable
Nov 7, 2017

Yes true, my case is tight. And a question what kind of gpu would you recommend me to buy? Budget arond 140euros i can also go for an used option. My psu is FSP group inc.
300fsp-60ep(1) model.

You may want to start a new thread with a title like "Looking for a GPU upgrade", or something similar. That way, GPU experts will be more likely to read the thread and give some suggestions. If you decide to do that, post your specs in the new thread, and also indicate what you use the computer for.

ritch.sb12

Reputable
Nov 7, 2017

Alright. Thank you

TRENDING THREADS