[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Pc boots all fans are working, no bios, nothing on screen

Aug 26, 2020
Since today all of a sudden my PC won't boot anymore. The lights on the mobo works, the fans, my harddrive, the fan of the PSU, the fans of my GPU. So everything that has to work still works. But my pc does not want to go in bios or even start up windows. I've tried everything like, starting up without hdd/ssd, no GPU, reset CMOS, etc. Just hdmi on my mobo and started my PC but still nothing. What is the problem here?

I also checked this link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

My specs
CPU: Intel I5-6400
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
PSU: CX600M
RAM: 4x 8gb HyperX Fury

Last edited:
Solution
try to borrow a psu for test and if you did try a bios a shut the system without letthing it do by itself you did brick your motherboard .

ben001

Distinguished
Please do provide more details,
  1. What was your system's condition before?.
  2. Share us, if you were attempting any BIOS update or upgrading any components or any change in settings?.
  3. How old is your power supply unit?.
Indication going mostly going towards your motherboard or can be CPU (rare case), but cannot say at the moment.

Last edited:

Ferimer

Distinguished
Since today all of a sudden my PC won't boot anymore. The lights on the mobo works, the fans, my harddrive, the fan of the PSU, the fans of my GPU. So everything that has to work still works. But my pc does not want to go in bios or even start up windows. I've tried everything like, starting up without hdd/ssd, no GPU, reset CMOS, etc. Just hdmi on my mobo and started my PC but still nothing. What is the problem here?

I also checked this link: https://forums.tomshardware.com/thr...deo-output-troubleshooting-checklist.1285536/

My specs
CPU: Intel I5-6400
MOBO: Gigabyte GA-B150-HD3P
PSU: CX600M
RAM: 4x 8gb HyperX Fury
Did you try a different Video output cable?

Aug 26, 2020
Please do provide more details,
  1. What was your system's condition before?.
  2. Share us, if you were attempting any BIOS update or upgrading any components or any change in settings?.
  3. How old is your power supply unit?.
Indication going mostly going towards your motherboard or can be CPU (rare case), but cannot say at the moment.

1. Just normal, everything worked fine
  2. No change, just wanted to start my PC as I always do in the morning. The day before it just worked fine.
  3. My PSU is from May 2014

ben001

Distinguished
  1. Just normal, everything worked fine
  2. No change, just wanted to start my PC as I always do in the morning. The day before it just worked fine.
  3. My PSU is from May 2014
3. I will take that advice from scout, as you will need a newer PSU anyway.

Following your update, It is good to know that your system responded with BIOS on-screen w/o GPU. Let us know the result if you can run your system with your GPU.

Aug 26, 2020
3. I will take that advice from scout, as you will need a newer PSU anyway.

Following your update, It is good to know that your system responded with BIOS on-screen w/o GPU. Let us know the result if you can run your system with your GPU.
The new PSU is installed and my pc works fine with everyting installed. So Thx for the anwsers.

Reactions: GarrettL