[SOLVED] (Solved)Pc doesn't start after I dropped it

Andy_Cross_

Reputable
Dec 28, 2019
I dropped my PC when I tried to lift it up, it was on the side with the wires(I was cleaning it, I also changed the thermopaste), and it fell for about 10 cm, now, only one ram seems to work, only one's rgb works so yeah, I have two rams. And when I plug the power the motherboard rgb makes a rly fast blink and after only the rgb from one ram it seems to have power, when I try to press the power button the pc doesn't start. The desktop is only one year old. I would be grateful if you could help me please.

Update: about 10 to 15 pins of the proccesor are bent, they are on the margins and it is a Ryzen 7 2700x

Last edited:
I dropped my PC when I tried to lift it up, it was on the side with the wires(I was cleaning it, I also changed the thermopaste), and it fell for about 10 cm, now, only one ram seems to work, only one's rgb works so yeah, I have two rams. And when I plug the power the motherboard rgb makes a rly fast blink and after only the rgb from one ram it seems to have power, when I try to press the power button the pc doesn't start. The desktop is only one year old. I would be grateful if you could help me please.
Check if anything was unseated, particularly cables and contacts.

Andy_Cross_

Reputable
Dec 28, 2019
Maybe you could use a magnifying glass an shine a lite in small holes for pins, there is a whole grid of contacts to be seen slightly moving when lever is moved, they pinch pins to make better contact. if lever wasn't all the way back the may miss-align and bend contacts.
Guuuuyyyss I did it, it works fine, I am doing the bios settings, they seem to have been reset, I was right about the problem, thr pins bended when the pc fell, because of the excces of thermopaste I put...I bended the pins in how they should have been. The pc turned on, it seems that one rgb from one of the rams is not working but it is recognized so no funny bussiness. Thank for the help I really appreciate.:))