Discussion [SOLVED] Pc freeze/ Bootmgr corrupt/ No video

Sep 27, 2023
tldr: B450 prime that sometimes i have to use hair dryer to turn on. Today i needed. W10 booted, login screen, freeze. I turn off pc then turn on again. New message “Bootmgr is corrupt the system cannot boot”. Didn’t know what to do. Turn off pc and turn on again. Pc boot, cpu fan, gpu fan mobo lights everything on but No vídeo now.

Hey guys i think i got a big problem now.

I have a b450 prime/ R5 3600/ Rtx 3060/ 1tb hdd seagate barracuda(?)/ ssd nvme m2 kingston 1tb/ 2x 8Gb ram (forgot ddrX)/ corsair cx750. w10 is running

I bought almost all this pc like 3 years ago. Upgraded GPU recently. 1 year after i bought it (or more) i realized that sometimes my pc just turn on with hair dryer on. Usually rainy days/nights.

Today my pc was not turning on. ok no problem = hair dryer and he booted. When i got to login screen it i freezes. Since i could do anything i just restarted the pc.

- - -

Now i don’t know which order was it:

1 When i restarted the pc turned on but now there is a new error that i’ve never seen: “bootmgr is corrupt the system cannot boot”. And now i panic a little. what to do? Restarted.

2 This time when it turned on, i could login in w10, but just as i see my desktop: Blue screen (couldn’t read the error). I restarted

I don’t know if it was first 1 then 2 OR FIRT 2 then 1. I was so stressed that i can’t remember.

- - -

So now i turn on my pc and mobo light turn on, cpu fan turns on, gpu fans turns on as usual, but i get no video. No mobo video, no w10 video nothing.

I get really worried. turned of pc, reinstalled all parts (but cpu). reinstalled all cables everything. Changed mobo battery, hardware reseted mobo. took off all periphericals. just dvi and power.

Still nothing. cpu and gpu fan turns on, mobo lights on but no video.

Now i’m freaking out… Any guesses?

edit: Managed to discover that it was one of my ram memories. i don’t know why and how, but that was it.

Last edited:
Sep 27, 2023
Have you tried booting with the 1TB Seagate HDD disconnected?
Have you tried booting with no drives connected to see if you can get into the BIOS?
hey mate! i already tried with only hdd and only sdd. both had no video. I’m planning to try some contact cleaners and then boot only with: mobo/ gpu/ cpu/ psu/ 1 ram stick/ ssd and see what happens.