Question [SOLVED] PC Shuts Down Suddenly, Won't Stay On, Then Lags

mrsmile

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2014
yesterday, my PC suddenly shut down. after multiple attempt of getting it to stay on long enough to boot pass the bios menu without shutting itself down, i gave up.

Today, I gave a few potential solutions a try and finally removing and reinstalling the RAMs, my PC finally stayed long enough to boot into the OS.

However, once it did, i got this application error message that tells me the instruction at 0xf33abdb2 referenced memory at 0x09729853 could not be read. Other notable symptoms include an unusual long loading time into the OS login menu as well as processes being very laggy. for example loading files in folder takes longer. loading pictures takes longer. browser pages take longer to finish loading. however there is no delay on the cursor. the PSU is NOT hot and neither is the CPU or RAM consumption high

Last edited:

Lutfij

Titan
With all being said(and done) per your thread, you forgot to include some more critical information. It's customary to include your full system's specs when posting a troubleshooting thread. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If this is a new build, which version of the OS are you on(if Windows 10) and what BIOS version are you working with?

mrsmile

Distinguished
Sep 12, 2014
With all being said(and done) per your thread, you forgot to include some more critical information. It's customary to include your full system's specs when posting a troubleshooting thread. List them like so:
CPU:
Motherboard:
Ram:
SSD/HDD:
GPU:
PSU:
Chassis:

If this is a new build, which version of the OS are you on(if Windows 10) and what BIOS version are you working with?

my apologies. it had been a while since i last requested troubleshooting help. i have updated my original post with my pc spec. as for BIOS i have an MSI military class 4 version E7850IMS. every component is bought in 2014 with the exception of the video card which is bought used but i think the owner had it for a year before selling. the secondary storage HDD is bought in 2017 iirc.

When i was in the BIOS menu, I noticed the temperature of the CPU reads 100degree celcius with a frequency of 0.8 GHz and the motherboard reads 37degree celcius. I already have a case cooling fan purchased and making its way to replace a broken one. However the CPU fan still works. Does an overheating CPU sound perfectly indicative of the symptoms i am having? and what can I do to remedy it? do you think additional fan will help?

Last edited: