[SOLVED] SOLVED: RTX 3070TI Not Recognized by MOBO

Aug 17, 2021
Hello, this is my first post so i was not able to identify which topic this issue fits (GPU or Motherboards)

I ve build a new pc with the specs:

ASUS TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WI-FI
Ryzen 9 5900x
32gb RAM 3733mhz
RTX3070 ti GAMING OC GIGABYTE

I ve booted and it went everything ok (hdmi cables conected from gpu to display) it is strange cause i ve already tried changing slot and it still not recognizing despite the fact that shows windows desktop etc (I tried finding it in device manager, wasn’t there, only Microsoft Basic..."). When I turn on the PC it starts spinning its fans but it stops right after. I ve tried downloading the nvidia driver but it show compatibility problem and it doesnt install. I am assuming it can be a booting problem or something but i really dont know what else to do. I dont believe its a hardware problem because in some ways it show image by the hdmi output. I am really sorry if it sounds confusing or odd english. I am just a Brazilian looking for some help. Sry also if this question is in the wrong section

Solution
If you're getting a display then it's working correctly just trouble installing drivers. What steps are you doing to get drivers?

Head to Geforce.com/drivers and do manual search. Enter fields correctly and download latest driver it offers. Install as administrator by right clicking install file.

Should work. Afterwards, NvidiaCP is acquired from Ms store.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If you're getting a display then it's working correctly just trouble installing drivers. What steps are you doing to get drivers?

Head to Geforce.com/drivers and do manual search. Enter fields correctly and download latest driver it offers. Install as administrator by right clicking install file.

Reactions: Fortunaf
Solution
Aug 17, 2021

I already tried, but it shows compatibility problems, i ve read something about windows version, i ll try to download a new iso in this pc instead of getting from a usb, i ll try to re install and force some updates, brb with answers

Aug 17, 2021

Done, solved. Had to re do windows installation with a new iso forcing all updates and THEN finally it downloaded the nvidia driver :)

Solved!