[SOLVED] SOLVED SEE THREAD: Pings intermittently take long time/Ping Spikes

Apr 27, 2019
EDIT: PSA is this happening to you and you have ROCCAT Swarm? Update it, and look around online for their solution by deleting a "bearer" folder. Hope that helps you.

Every 10 pings or so to my router or any other site take 2000ms + or drops entirely. This issue doesn't happen with Ethernet, but happens with any wireless dongle. The issue also doesn't happen on linux, or windows safe-mode, so I assume it's software.
With all software closed, the issue still occurs.

I need to use Wifi since Powerline gets ~ 30% the speed due to bad house wiring. But gaming on wifi is impossible with this issue.

The issue temporerily fixed when I uninstalled the driver that came on a disc with a dongle, but then it started up again afterwards.

I've also tried reinstalling default windows driver.

767641.jpg

2849f6.jpg

Last edited:
Solution
Literally strangest resolution. I closed my keyboard driver software and it stopped. I updated it, and the issue is gone. Nothing in update history suggests it was ever a known issue.
Thought I fixed it before by uninstalling driver for network, but hopefully its fully fixed this time.
Apr 27, 2019
Is there any way you can download the latest drivers for the WIFI dongle from the manufacturer's website? The issue may be that the drivers that came on the dongle's disc are outdated.

Apr 27, 2019
Literally strangest resolution. I closed my keyboard driver software and it stopped. I updated it, and the issue is gone. Nothing in update history suggests it was ever a known issue.
Thought I fixed it before by uninstalling driver for network, but hopefully its fully fixed this time.

Solution