[SOLVED] [Solved] simple networking under latest W10

jpaul1

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
Hello, i'm having quite some hard time trying to build a simple home networking. i thought it would be easier, but it seems all the tuts i come across were for precedent Windows versions
i have my main PC connected to the box by an Ethernet (PCI) card. and i'm trying to connect it to a second PC (by motherboards ethernet), where i'd like to be able to do some simple file sharing, and access internet as well. so is there any recent tut somewhere. would be highly appreciated, ty

Solution
my box is a Neuf box NB6VAC (France). you can connect several PC on it. but the thing is it's located 10 m from my PCs. so if possible i'd prefer to do another way. in least resort i could connect the second PC to the box using an old Wi-Fi key i have. but i still have to know how to share files between PCs

edit: i found. with a good tut i finally found. i connected to the router with my old Wi-fi key, and got everything to work properly. here's the tut in French..

https://abcreseau.blogspot.com/2017/09/creer-un-reseau-local-et-partager-les.html

Thanks guys.

kanewolf

Titan
Hello, i'm having quite some hard time trying to build a simple home networking. i thought it would be easier, but it seems all the tuts i come across were for precedent Windows versions
i have my main PC connected to the box by an Ethernet (PCI) card. and i'm trying to connect it to a second PC (by motherboards ethernet), where i'd like to be able to do some simple file sharing, and access internet as well. so is there any recent tut somewhere. would be highly appreciated, ty
First what make and model is "the box" you have your PC connected?

Reactions: jpaul1

Ralston18

Titan
More information needed.

This:

"i have my main PC connected to the box " - the box being a router perhaps?

Generally home networks are set up as shown in the following line diagram:

ISP - Coax or DSL (telephone) cable --->Modem ---Ethernet cable--->[WAN port] Router [LAN ports] ---- Ethernet cables -----> [Ethernet ports] PC's.

Modem and router could be a combined device. Combined or separate - either way update your post to include make and model information.

Edit to update and correct my line diagram as necessary.

Do you happen to have a User Guide or Manual for any of your devices?

Reactions: jpaul1

jpaul1

Reputable
Apr 24, 2020
my box is a Neuf box NB6VAC (France). you can connect several PC on it. but the thing is it's located 10 m from my PCs. so if possible i'd prefer to do another way. in least resort i could connect the second PC to the box using an old Wi-Fi key i have. but i still have to know how to share files between PCs

edit: i found. with a good tut i finally found. i connected to the router with my old Wi-fi key, and got everything to work properly. here's the tut in French..

https://abcreseau.blogspot.com/2017/09/creer-un-reseau-local-et-partager-les.html

Thanks guys.

Last edited:
Solution