[Solved]System Comparison - 599$ system vs $596

Mrmarti4

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
Morning, this is my first post so bear with me : )

The computer would be used mainly for gaming but i dont see myself messing with the over clocking at all . Nothing too demanding, the biggest games would be starcraft II, eve online and shogun 2 but id like them to run smoothly even on highest or close to highest settings.

I already have a EVGA SuperClocked 01G-P3-1563-AR GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI and a power supply that can take care of it.

I dont know which system is better, Im currently leaning towards the newegg computer. Just looking for help, thank you :sweat:

This is the new egg computer Cyberpowerpc 1321 $599.00

Cyber Power: Price $521.00 + Shipping 75$ = $596.00
Case: Thermaltake Commander Mid-Tower Gaming Case [-15]
Laser Engraving: NONE
Laser Engraving Message:
Internal USB Extension Module: None
Neon Light Upgrade: None
Extra Case Fan Upgrade: Default case fans
Noise Reduction Technology: None
CPU: Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA1155 [-20]
Venom Boost Fast And Efficient Factory Overclocking: No Overclocking
Cooling Fan: Intel LGA1156 Certified CPU Fan & Heatsink [-20]
Coolant for Cyberpower Xtreme Hydro Water Cooling Kits: Standard Coolant
Motherboard: Biostar H61MH Intel H61 Chipset DDR3 mATX Mainboard w/ Onboard Video, HDMI, 7.1 HD Audio, GbLAN, USB 2.0, SATA-II, 1 Gen2 PCIe, 1 PCIe X1 & 2 PCI [B3 Stepping] [-37]
Intel Smart Response Technology for Z68: None
Memory: 4GB (2GBx2) DDR3/1600MHz Dual Channel Memory Module [-37] (Corsair or Major Brand)
Video Card: None, or On-Board 16X PCIe Shared 128MB Integrated 3D Graphics Video Card [-179]
Freebies: None
Video Card 2: None
Video Card 3: None
Power Supply Upgrade: 800 Watts - XtremeGear Gaming Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready
Hard Drive: 500GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 16MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [-70] (Single Hard Drive)
Data Hard Drive: None
Hard Drive Cooling Fan: None
External Hard Drive (USB3.0/2.0/eSATA): None
USB Flash Drive: None
Optical Drive: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
Optical Drive 2: None
Sound: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
3D Vision Glasses: None
LCD Monitor: None
2nd Monitor: None
3rd Monitor: None
Speakers: 120 Watt Stereo Speakers [+10] (Black Color)
Network: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
Network Switch: None
Keyboard: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
Mouse: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
Mouse Pad: None
Gaming Gear: None
Extra Thermal Display: None
Wireless 802.11B/G Network Card: None
External Wireless Network Card: None
Wireless 802.11 B/G/N Access Point: None
Bluetooth: None
Flash Media Reader/Writer: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
Video Camera: None
Headset: None
Printer: None
Cable: None
Power Protection: None
IEEE1394 Card: None
Internal USB Port: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
USB Port: None
Operating System: Microsoft® Windows 7 Home Premium (64-bit Edition)
Media Center Remote Control & TV Tuner: None
Office Suite: None
Ultra Care Option: None
Service: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
Rush Service: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
Not really much of a difference other than the newegg one is sold out. You'd get the overclockable cpu (2500k) for the newegg one but it comes with a motherboard that doesn't allow you to overclock making that a mute point.

Do you feel comfortable building a computer yourself? If so I'd just buy all the parts you want for $600 and call it a day otherwise I'd take the cyberpower one. At least you'll have a warranty and tech support.

Mrmarti4

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I dont know about building one myself but i could basically recycle the whole tower from what i have now except for motherboard and processor. Is that as easy as just taking out the old motherboard and putting the new one in? Does it need any kind of formatting if im still using the same hard drive??

crewton

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2011
When you change the motherboard you will either have to call microsoft and let them know you updated your motherboard and to reuse your key or buy another windows license. Other than that it is just a matter of taking your old motherboard out and putting a new one in. Generally, you want to update your cpu/mobo/ram at the same time.

Mrmarti4

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2011
I think i've decided on a bundle from new egg. its got an i5 2500, 500gb seagate, biostar h61 and 1 stick of 4gb ram from g.skill. i added a 2nd stick for 20 bucks and windows 7 64-bit. i remembered a 100 gift card i had stashed away so its not a bad deal for 329.91. Unless i hear otherwise on any of those brands this will be my upgrade, yay!

I'm only worried about the biostar quality. ive seen good things about g.skill on the forums so i think that'll be ok.

upgrading the mobo and harddrive, will that put any extra stress on the power supply to the extent that i might need to up it from 600w?