Solved the least expected motherboard boot issue

tripz1196

Prominent
May 5, 2017
After a month of troubleshooting - replacing motherboard, CPU, PSU (everything but the DRAM in terms of the motherboard), I finally figured out how to get my computer up and working again.

Story:
I was loading a game onto Steam from G2A when it randomly turned off. Was and still am using X99 platform. Read countless threads on Tom's and other Google related searches when I had a revelation last night. I pretty much tried everything listed above EXCEPT breadboarding due to my laziness. I had multiple boot code/post code/Q-code errors that had been recycling and tried reflashing the BIOS multiple times with no success trying to get past POST. I had NO splash screen or BIOS access.

Solution:
I removed the RESET SW header/plug from the IO PANEL/HEADER on the lower right hand side of the motherboard and it started right back up.

For future reference, I suggest a moderator sticky this or publish it. I spent over $2000k trying to fix a problem that had the simplest solution. Hope no one else has to go through this ordeal.

Disclaimer:
I can't guarantee that this solution works if your computer/machine does not POST but it SHOULD be the first thing you should try (messing around with the header panel plugs) if you had similar incident/issue as mine - NO POST, multiple post codes that recycle, NO BIOS, NO splash screen, NO screen output, PSU functioning normally, etc.