==SOLVED Thx Guys==PC Crashed now wont boot, fans/led's will turn on..

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
This is more a motherboard failure. I know it since I got many with the same damn board. My old 965P-DS3 died on me 3 time in less than 16 months.

After 2 RMA, I was sick enough to buy another motherboard from another manufacturer. Never got a problem after that.

The problems were similar, turning on and turning off, turning on and turning off. It was impossible to get the BIOS to post.

If you plan on changing your motherboard, you should take the occasion to maybe upgrading. For the cost of your motherboard + 200$ you get a whole new PC.

I don't think his friend has lied to him. The most intuitive answer is that the problem is elsewhere. The motherboard failing make more sense. That 2 power supply have the same problem is quite unlikely.

Also, a 250 W power supply is way enough for booting even a phenom II with a 38XX.

shadowknight86

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Snap so u think the mobo has a problem.. that would explain teh whole ram in slot 3 thing i guess....... mobos anyway to diagnoss or fix.. or are they just broken=broken???!!!

shadowknight86

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
All right its not the PSU, i booted up my dell just fine with it no issues.

I doubt its the CPU because if the CPU is dead or not installed the circuit to the power wont switch on and power the mobo.

Checking out the MOBO right now, so far its clean no burn, scratches dust/dirt etc.... the only weird thing is that whoel ram in 3rd slot.... idk bout that one

shadowknight86

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
All right for the like 3rd time im taking ti all apart this time totally and onto some cardboard!

will just but putting videocard, keyboard, cpu and 1stick of ram

shadowknight86

Distinguished
May 16, 2009
Ok... so put it all together out of case it booted up!!

Put it back together in the case and it BOOTS UP!!! But then 15-30 seconds later it freezes, usualy when its loading or in bios, once i got to my vista desktop.

What now???!!!!!