[SOLVED] [SOLVED] Weird artifacts, any guess what it could be?

Mariusglock

Reputable
Jun 13, 2020
EDIT: Issue was solved using this GUIDE

For the last 3 months or so, my screen would flicker for a 1/10 of a second and thats it when browsing specific websites, would also flicker rarelly rarely when playing games.
Other websites or movie players would never do that.

Most commonly it would occur while browsing reddit, but today, it went from occasional flicker to a artifact filled mess.

View: https://youtu.be/41Y9-4S0Vqo

PC temps never go above 70C, all necessary chipset drivers and the latest video driver is installed.
GPU/CPU was never overclocked, everything is in factory settings, excepts for XMP profile wich is at 3200

Also just as I was writing this post PC restarted itself with no notice, this has never happened with it before.

These are PC specs: https://nl.pcpartpicker.com/list/sCQj8J

All parts are brand new from shop, bought about 4 months ago.

Last edited:
Solution
D
I could be mistaken but I think your 3060 video card requires more power than that and I hope you have not damaged it
Never mind it looks like you have a good power supply but it still could have a fault and it could be your GPU as well

Maybe you could test your power supply in some other machine. There is a power supply software that allows you to run tests against your PSU and see how the voltage is maintained under load if it stands up under load then it’s not the PSU and it would be your graphics card that you need to replace Or have repaired

OCCT is the psu test software
D

Deleted member 14196

Could be power supply issues and that could be damaging your hardware like your GPU

Artifacts indicate that the graphics processor is probably on its way out

D

Deleted member 14196

I could be mistaken but I think your 3060 video card requires more power than that and I hope you have not damaged it
Never mind it looks like you have a good power supply but it still could have a fault and it could be your GPU as well

Maybe you could test your power supply in some other machine. There is a power supply software that allows you to run tests against your PSU and see how the voltage is maintained under load if it stands up under load then it’s not the PSU and it would be your graphics card that you need to replace Or have repaired

OCCT is the psu test software

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Mariusglock
Solution