SOLVED* Why do I have to navigate MOBO settings and manually boot my windows installed SSD everytime I turn my new pc on.

Sep 7, 2018
This is my first ever build so I'm bound to have done something wrong somewhere down the line.

I have windows 10 installed on a SSD and i've set something called 'Windows boot manager - ssd" as top boot priority.

It was automatically booting to windows for about an hour and I don't know what I've done but now it loads up my BIOS, i have to press f1 and then click on boot options and then click on windows boot manager.

It's not a massive deal but it's kind of annoying. Can anyone help?

Lutfij

Titan
Seeing how this is in the motherboard's section, you forgot to include the make and model of your motherboard. Make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. On another note, when in BIOS(after tapping on DEL key) in Boot Device Priorities, make sure the primary boot device is Windows Boot Manager.

Last I checked, for pretty much all BIOS, F1 usually brings up the boot device priority menu prior to loading into your OS and that setting holds until you reboot the system.

Sep 7, 2018

Thanks for the reply. My motherboard is a Asus ROG Strix z370-f.

I have already selected windows boot manager as a priority and it doesn't work.