Question [SOLVED] X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI and Ryzen 7 3700X, alternating red led

Amaryl

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Hello,

my new build is composed of :

• Motherboard : X470 AORUS GAMING 5 WIFI
  • CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X
  • M2 : Corsair Force Series MP600, 1 To
  • Power supply : Corsair TX650M 650W ATX24
  • GPU : Asus8GB D6 RTX 2070 TURBO
RAM are out of the picture, because I removed them completely, but they are

- Kit dual channel D432GB 3200-16 Vengeance LPX K2 COR

I press the power button, fans are running, leds are on, the screen seems to receive a signal, but then turns black.
CPU and DRAM led are alternating, 0.5 seconds on the CPU, then 10 seconds on DRAM.

Note that once the computer has been started the power button and reset button are un-responsives. The only way I can restart the computer is by flipping the switch on the back of the power supply.

So, I already tried holding Power and Reset for 10 seconds, but it didn't do anything.

Could it be a faulty motherboard? A compatibility issue? Should I buy and try with another motherboard?

Thanks.

Amaryl

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Hi, thank you for your answer.

I don't have access to the bios at all, and I never did that kind of operation, do you have a good guide?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Amaryl

Distinguished
Jul 24, 2014
Thanks alexoiu.

Indeed, the box of the motherboard says "AMD Ryzen Desktop 2000 ready". This hints towards the fact this motherboard was destined to the second generation of Ryzen processors. I didn't do my homework properly.

I bought an "Asus TUF GAMING X570-PLUS WIFI X570" instead. At first, this board seemed to refuse to boot too. But I ended up figuring out that the bios would not show on the display port of my "Asus8GB D6 RTX 2070 TURBO". I had to connect the HDMI cable instead. Very strange.

Anyway, I think having this X570 is a good thing also because I now have a PCIe 4 for my SSD "Corsair Force Series MP600".

Thank you again for the support.

TRENDING THREADS