(SOLVED) Xonar DSX back port not providing any bass?

Commander Matt

Reputable
Nov 3, 2014
UPDATE: So, after remembering something I read a while back, I decided to give the back port a shot again, but this time I would try pulling out my headphones by a little bit. Doing this, I discovered that it's my headphones! Because the J55a have built in mic and all (they're targeted at mobile devices/MP3 players/etc), I guess it's messing with the sound card.

Using Avicii - The Nights as the test song, I've determined that the back port (the "main" port?) on my Asus Xonar DSX isn't pumping any bass. The front panel works flawlessly, it's just the back port that's decided to not provide any bass. I have the UNi Xonar Drivers, not the drivers that came with the card. Watching the... uh, I don't know what it's called.
351ycjs.png

It shows no bass frequencies (rarely ever touches 120, never goes below 60). It doesn't show on the front panel, so I can't say what frequencies are being put out and what frequencies aren't.

I'm sorry if this is an obvious fix. I've been through the Audio Center front to back, I can't find any fixes. I've tried setting FlexBass on and messing with its settings, I've tried setting the "Effect" to Bass (which just "smoothed" out the treble sounds, oddly enough).
My headphones are the JBL J55a.

Any idea what could be wrong?
Thanks in advance. :)

Solution
Because the J55a have built in mic and all (they're targeted at mobile devices/MP3 players/etc), I guess it's messing with the sound card.
In situations like these it's best you pick up one of these and connect them to your I/O ports to take full advantage of your audio equipment meant for mobile platforms. Cheaper versions can be had but all 3.5mm versions are compatible with 3 banded headphone connectors.

Lutfij

Titan
Because the J55a have built in mic and all (they're targeted at mobile devices/MP3 players/etc), I guess it's messing with the sound card.
In situations like these it's best you pick up one of these and connect them to your I/O ports to take full advantage of your audio equipment meant for mobile platforms. Cheaper versions can be had but all 3.5mm versions are compatible with 3 banded headphone connectors.

Solution