Question [solved]Z790 motherboard bracket

Edit: going to return the current cooler. Found one locally with updated brackets. I know cooler master can provide the brackets needed, but I'm building this for a friend and he wants to use it tonight.

AsRock pro rs z790 motherboard with 13th gen cpu

Purchased Cooler Master ml240 illusion cooler, saw it being compatible with lga1700, didn't realize z790 and z690 both lga1700 have different mount pattern

How do I go about getting hardware for this? Create a support ticket with cooler master? Or do people usually buy from other sources?

Would there be any coolers that are already updated for 13th gen?

Thanks for any help, my Google searches kept pointing be to Adder Lake lga1700 and now I'm just frustrated, first time dealing with your issues.

Last edited:
So far as I know, Z790 and Z690 motherboards have lga1700 sockets with exactly the same cooler mounting requirements. It differs from lga1500.
Because lga1700 has slightly wider mounting holes and works with the thinner processors, different mounting hardware is required. By now, it should be included with most coolers. Old coolers will offer a lga1700 mounting kit for free or a modest charge.

As to lga1700 ready coolers, there are many.
I might suggest the Noctua NH-D15s which is simple to install and performs about the same as 240 sized aio's.