[SOLVED] SOLVED.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 8, 2020
Please keep it to 1 thread
Hello all! I have been doing tons of research on this issue, but I cant figure it out. I need some help.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y530, and today I just installed a new 1TB NVMe SSD into it (it did not have an SSD prior to this). There is also an HDD that was already installed that came with the computer (it is also 1TB). The HDD is connected to a sata port, the SDD is not (because it's an NVMe). Right after installing my SSD, my BIOS and computer was able to recognize it!

Next, I downloaded Macrium Reflect to clone my HDD to my SDD (both are GPT), and that went well (especially since they are the same size, I had no problems). I then went into my BIOS and set my SSD as the first option in the boot tab over my HDD, but whenever I boot, it still boots my HDD (not sure why). Here are some screenshots below showing some of the process. Note: I am booting up in UEFI mode, both drives are GPT, but I cant get my SSD to boot. PLEASE NOTE THAT I ALSO CLONED ALL 4 PARTITIONS TO THE SSD. Everything from the HDD was cloned to my SDD. I just want to boot with my SSD :)

Image 1 (I downloaded EasyBCD to figure out how to change some boot options, but I kept getting this error message)
Image 2
Image 3

Someone please help me. I have no idea what to do. I just want to be able to boot from my new SSD. Any suggestions? Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oct 8, 2020
Hey all. I own a Lenovo Legion Y530. The laptop came with just a 1 TB HDD, but it has an extra slot for a SSD if I chose to add one in. I decided to install an SSD I purchased, clone the HDD to the SSD, and now I'm using my SSD as my C:\ boot drive. But look at this:
Capture.png

it says, "Device not migrated," but the device works fine? How is this possible? Is this bad?
Here's another photo saying it works:

cap2.png

Does anyone know why this is? It seems like my device is working, but I'm unsure as to why it says it hasn't "migrated" yet.

Oct 8, 2020
What software is that report coming from?

If your laptop is working, it should be a problem.

If you remove the HDD do you still get that problem?

What SSD? What cloning software?
Macrium Reflect. I have tested removing the HDD and booting with just the SSD, and it worked fine. I'd also imagine it must be fine since I completely wiped the HDD and all its partitions. It says the device is healthy. Also keep in mind this message appeared the moment the drive was installed into the SSD slot, it doesn't have anything to do with the clone I don't believe.

The software report is coming from the Properties section after right clicking the SSD C:\ drive and clicking properties.

Oct 8, 2020
Also whatever mod just combined my two threads, what the heck. These are separate issues. Booting issues and issues in regards to the SSD being migrated. Not sure who's idea it was to combine the two... The booting issue is solved... What the heck...

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
Hello all! I have been doing tons of research on this issue, but I cant figure it out. I need some help.

I have a Lenovo Legion Y530, and today I just installed a new 1TB NVMe SSD into it (it did not have an SSD prior to this). There is also an HDD that was already installed that came with the computer (it is also 1TB). The HDD is connected to a sata port, the SDD is not (because it's an NVMe). Right after installing my SSD, my BIOS and computer was able to recognize it!

Next, I downloaded Macrium Reflect to clone my HDD to my SDD (both are GPT), and that went well (especially since they are the same size, I had no problems). I then went into my BIOS and set my SSD as the first option in the boot tab over my HDD, but whenever I boot, it still boots my HDD (not sure why). Here are some screenshots below showing some of the process. Note: I am booting up in UEFI mode, both drives are GPT, but I cant get my SSD to boot. PLEASE NOTE THAT I ALSO CLONED ALL 4 PARTITIONS TO THE SSD. Everything from the HDD was cloned to my SDD. I just want to boot with my SSD :)

Image 1 (I downloaded EasyBCD to figure out how to change some boot options, but I kept getting this error message)
Image 2
Image 3

Someone please help me. I have no idea what to do. I just want to be able to boot from my new SSD. Any suggestions? Thanks.
What did you do to fix it?
You should mark this thread heading as [SOLVED] and make a new post for your new problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.