Solving a hard freeze issue: programs to help diagnose?

Phod

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I have a computer that hard freezes requiring me to hold the power button down to reboot the machine. It's win 7 32-bit, 4 gig, GeForce 460. It's basically just plays emulated games. Temperatures are fine, games run fine just the occasional hard freeze that I can't figure out.

Event viewer doesn't list anything at the time of the crash.

Are there any programs I can run in the background that would help isolate the cause of the freeze?

Are there any programs I can use to run diagnosis on the computer to see if there are any issues like memory or something?

I'm at a loss and frustrated. I would really appreciate any assistance you can provide.

Thanks!

Phod

Honorable
May 10, 2012
I used a program I think it was Realtemp and monitored temp and it was totally normal. The crash doesn't seem to have a rhyme or reason when it happens. I played for a couple hours earlier and it finally froze up but other times it was within 10 minutes.

post your mb and ram info. some older mb had issue with ram faster the 800 speed. intel p35 chipset for 775 mb. if you used 1066 ram you get random lock ups. hdtune and hard drive vendor tests tools for the drive. hardware info 32 bit for temp and voltages. one issue with gaming pc you have 4g of ram you may be running out of ram and it causing the issue. also run malware bytes and hitman pro make sure your system is clean. check that you have one anti virus loaded if it an old mcafee or nortons. try using one of the newer free ones that use less ram.

Phod

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Event viewer shows nothing at the time of the lockup

The system is

Intel Core 2 quad cpu q9550 @ 2.83

How do I find my motherboard and memory information?

Phod

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Here are speccy details

Cpu: Intel core 2 quad q9550 @ 2.83

Ram: 4 gig single channel ddr3 @ 666mhz (8-8-8-24)

Motherboard: evga 132-ck-nf79 (socket 775)

Graphics: 1024 mb GeForce GTx 460
896 GeForce GTx 260
Force ware version 258.56

Storage: 298 gb western digital wdc wd32 00aajs-22l7a

Is there anything in the CPU, memory or motherboard details you want reported? I could list it all out also but it's long. But I can report any of it that would help find the problem

Btw this computer is running a pinball emulation cabinet hence the two video cards are for multiple monitors.