Solving error 8024402c

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

myaiman95

Reputable
May 7, 2015

myaiman95

Reputable
May 7, 2015
shivam sorry for disturbing you.. ihave problem like you do before.. can you help me.. and show me step how to change ISP tio google DNS server like you do properly.. thanks in advice..

CasualComputerGuy

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

Awesome!

4th thing I googled up today, and this finally worked! (Well not finished yet, but I think all is well now, at least it didn't throw that error).

THANK YOU!

pappu singh

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

Hi Shivam, same problem I was facing and now it is resolved because of you. I tried what you said on this forum, I manually configured ip address instead of automatic configuration. Window update is working now. Thank you! :)

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hi Shivam, same problem I was facing and now it is resolved because of you. I tried what you said on this forum, I manually configured ip address instead of automatic configuration. Window update is working now. Thank you! :)

@pappu singh - anytime man :)

khmiller

Reputable
Apr 6, 2014
thx, shivam, W8.1 same error. have been using WSUS Offline as a workaround, but now have crappy broken WUA running again thx to your technique of DNS re-assignment. highly recommend WSUS Offline to anyone re-instaling Windows from scratch. takes a long time and successive rounds but seems to work way better than WUA when looking for / installing lots of updates (i.e ; for those of us that don't update often or automatically)

Apr 17, 2018
There are several solutions for solving the error code 8024402 which causes Windows Update problem. Following are some of the reasons.
1. You need to have some Microsoft sites whitelisted or unblocked in your Windows Firewall.
2. One needs to make changes in the LAN Settings option of "Internet Options" (Win 10) > Connections in Internet Explorer.
3. Somtimes VPN (Virtual Private Network) can be the error.
4. Another cause is the ISA Server in the third-party Firewall settings.
5. Viruses, trojans, malware, adware can be another reason.
6. A simple solution in the form of "Update Troubleshooter" provided by Microsoft is available.
7. Proxy settings under "Internet Properties (Win 7)" > Connections can be another cause.
8. Windows Update components can be another cause.

The most common solution is using the registry to fix the problem or try the Windows Update troubleshooter in Windows 10. With earlier OS, it is little difficult to find this tool. Best option is to read the KB solution article provided by Microsoft. I found a article where several solutions are proposed for the above causes.
https://www.pallareviews.com/5203/fix-error-code-8024402c-windows-10-8-1-7-server-2012-2008/

ASK THE COMMUNITY