Solving error 8024402c

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

Shivam15

Honorable
Jan 12, 2014
Hey guys am running the original windows 8.1 pro. Now whenever i try to check for updates, am getting this 8024402c error. Now can anyone supply me with a step by step guide to solve it as theres no concrete one available on the net. THANKS :D

myaiman95

Reputable
May 7, 2015

myaiman95

Reputable
May 7, 2015
shivam sorry for disturbing you.. ihave problem like you do before.. can you help me.. and show me step how to change ISP tio google DNS server like you do properly.. thanks in advice..

CasualComputerGuy

Reputable
Jun 12, 2014

Awesome!

4th thing I googled up today, and this finally worked! (Well not finished yet, but I think all is well now, at least it didn't throw that error).

THANK YOU!

pappu singh

Reputable
Jul 8, 2015

Hi Shivam, same problem I was facing and now it is resolved because of you. I tried what you said on this forum, I manually configured ip address instead of automatic configuration. Window update is working now. Thank you! :)

khmiller

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2014
thx, shivam, W8.1 same error. have been using WSUS Offline as a workaround, but now have crappy broken WUA running again thx to your technique of DNS re-assignment. highly recommend WSUS Offline to anyone re-instaling Windows from scratch. takes a long time and successive rounds but seems to work way better than WUA when looking for / installing lots of updates (i.e ; for those of us that don't update often or automatically)