Some Advise Please

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
76
0
18,630
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Could some give me some advise on what drivers to use for a Geforce 2 ti, I
know theres a lot out there at the moment but some stable ones around the
40s detonators are what im looking for

win98se, 512mb if this helps not running many games but might do in the near
future


cheers Dave
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

I think for that card the 23.11's might be good.

Geforce 2 & 3 - 23.11's

Geforce 4 - 44.03's

Newest FX - Newest drivers

Anyone else?
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"PRIVATE1964" <private1964@aol.com> schreef in bericht
news:20040404164412.04303.00000647@mb-m29.aol.com...
> I think for that card the 23.11's might be good.
>
> Geforce 2 & 3 - 23.11's
>
> Geforce 4 - 44.03's
>
> Newest FX - Newest drivers
>
> Anyone else?


Well in first instance i would give even on these old cards the latest
drivers a test drive, cause even for those cards they can be ok, and even
faster in newer games (even if 3dmark says otherwise).
Drivers that have proven themselves for the Gf3 and 4Ti are deifnitely 30.82
and 45.23. Gf2 is too long ago for me to say, maybe 23.11 yes.

Anyone else agree with me that the 5x.xx drivers are not that nice? I am
mainly talking about the user interface,i think they have
bloatware-charateristics, i dont like the tv-out settings , also the
refreshrateforce has issues.I have to admit that i am a purist, i love slick
stable drivers(also i use dual-monitor and tv-out on my Gf4 Ti, and that
makes someone more critical to the UI i can tell you).
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

>
>Well in first instance i would give even on these old cards the latest
>drivers a test drive,

Those cards were tested with those drivers I posted as well as with newest
drivers possible at the time the cards were being used.

Meaning the 44.03's were tested against many newer versions up to the present
day drivers. The 44.03's were faster and just as stable as the newer drivers
when using a 4200.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Jelle <mazzel@veel.plezier> wrote:

> Well in first instance i would give even on these old cards the latest
> drivers a test drive, cause even for those cards they can be ok, and even
> faster in newer games (even if 3dmark says otherwise).
> Drivers that have proven themselves for the Gf3 and 4Ti are deifnitely 30.82
> and 45.23. Gf2 is too long ago for me to say, maybe 23.11 yes.
> ......

I have a GF3 Ti500 with WinXP Pro and went with the 30.82 and haven't
had any problems. If I do, then and only then will I try a later version.
If it ain't broke .......

--
Regards, Bob
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:rSYbc.21407$Id.16682@news-binary.blueyonder.co.uk...
> Could some give me some advise on what drivers to use for a Geforce 2 ti,
I
> know theres a lot out there at the moment but some stable ones around the
> 40s detonators are what im looking for

"Advise" is a verb. The noun is "advice".

If someone were to advise you, then they would be giving you advice.

See the difference?
 

dragon

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2003
76
0
18,630
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Ok with latest games bob


"Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote in message
news:c4q7e3$2la44l$1@ID-188928.news.uni-berlin.de...
> Jelle <mazzel@veel.plezier> wrote:
>
> > Well in first instance i would give even on these old cards the latest
> > drivers a test drive, cause even for those cards they can be ok, and
even
> > faster in newer games (even if 3dmark says otherwise).
> > Drivers that have proven themselves for the Gf3 and 4Ti are deifnitely
30.82
> > and 45.23. Gf2 is too long ago for me to say, maybe 23.11 yes.
> > ......
>
> I have a GF3 Ti500 with WinXP Pro and went with the 30.82 and haven't
> had any problems. If I do, then and only then will I try a later version.
> If it ain't broke .......
>
> --
> Regards, Bob
>
>
 

NaDa

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2004
574
0
18,980
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

"Darkfalz" <darkfalz@microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Dragon" <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> > Could some give me some advise on what drivers to use for a Geforce 2 ti,
> > I know theres a lot out there at the moment but some stable ones around the
> > 40s detonators are what im looking for
>
> "Advise" is a verb. The noun is "advice".
>
> If someone were to advise you, then they would be giving you advice.
>
> See the difference?

I just typed like a raged Durasel Bunny and wrote "they're" instead of
"their". I feel humbled.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia (More info?)

Dragon <davewhitnospam@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:

> "Bob Byrne" <me@privacy.net> wrote:
>> I have a GF3 Ti500 with WinXP Pro and went with the 30.82 and haven't
>> had any problems. If I do, then and only then will I try a later version.
>> If it ain't broke .......

> Ok with latest games bob

Yes, with the ones I've tried like:
Links 2003
MSFS 2004
ST Elite Force II
Unreal 2 demo

I tried all the drivers up to 45.23 and never noticed any difference.
If I strike any problems I'll update but I doubt I'll be installing any of
the high demand games as my PC isn't powerful enough.

--
Regards, Bob
 

TRENDING THREADS