[SOLVED] Some annoying SSD problems...

Nov 21, 2020
Hello everyone,

I have a HP Pavilion 15-cb008nt laptop that is running with a Windows 10 system, i7 7770HQ processor, Nvidia GTX 1050 2GB and a 1TB SATA HDD. I bought it second hand so it came to me with a SSD installed on it. Its Toshiba THNSN5128GPU7. Everything sounds good as you read it this far. And now the problem begins. My laptop is booting in like a minute with Windows installed on SSD. Weird right? It got me thinking why would an SSD booting a Windows in a minute? At first i thought its a software problem you know. It needs updates and stuff so i didnt really be bothered by this situation for a while. Then i did every bit of update to get going but its still the same. Then i opened the Device Manager and kind of shocked and didnt understand what or how i am seeing what im seeing. It shows that i have 4 ssd's installed instead of 1. 4 exact same SSD's. Maybe its divided to 4 somehow but shouldn't be right ? So boot takes a minute, whenever i try to restart i get blue screen and i cant do the Windows Update anymore. Windows just wont boot up when i press the power button. What should i do ? It's divided to 4 but only 1 piece has the memory in it. thats the disc drives on Device Manager

Thanks in advance for your help.

Solution
Consumed space on the drive IS relevant, because a full SSD, especially a small 128GB, will run slower than one that has some free space.
That does not seem to be the case, but the question had to be asked.

Boot time is also influenced by ALL the drives in the system. A semi failing HDD can slow things down as well.

For the Device Manager showing 4 instances of that same drive? That could be reading multiple controllers.

Install and run Speccy or HWInfo, and see what it says.
Nov 21, 2020
I don't think in this perticular case that it is dependent on how full my drive is because its same when i format it with nothing in both of the drives. You can check out the Disk management from here. And since i can't change the language to english, i've translated some words for you to inspect it easily.

Basit-Simple
Temel-Basic
Sağlam-Healthy
Önyükleme, Disk Belleği Dosyası, Kilitlenme Bilgisi, Birincil bölüm-Boot, Page File, Crash Dump, Primary Partition
Kurtarma Bölümü-Recovery Partition
EFI Sistem Bölümü-EFI System Partition
Birincil Bölüm-Primary Partition

If you have any more questions just write down.

Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
Consumed space on the drive IS relevant, because a full SSD, especially a small 128GB, will run slower than one that has some free space.
That does not seem to be the case, but the question had to be asked.

Boot time is also influenced by ALL the drives in the system. A semi failing HDD can slow things down as well.

For the Device Manager showing 4 instances of that same drive? That could be reading multiple controllers.

Install and run Speccy or HWInfo, and see what it says.

Solution
Nov 21, 2020
Yes there are 4 of them. It kinda got annoying lately to be honestly. Because when i think about it it doesnt really make sense of why i get this blue screens and stuff and now im using it for work its just pain. But i don't have the knowledge like you do so i'm kind of stuck in between "is this repairable? How can i fix this?" and "Just get a new one and hope it doesn't happen again." thoughts :) Anyway here you can find the summary for the SSD .

Thank you for your help.

Nov 21, 2020
Also i should make an update about the issue. After some time i was annoyed about the SSD and removed it, i installed Windows on my HDD. No more blue screens, no more windows update errors. Everything operated smoothly but slowly :D I'd like to buy a new SSD but could there be a problem with my M2 socket or anything ? I don't want to buy new one for no reason.

Nov 21, 2020
Update:

Bought a new WD Black SN750 Nvme 500 GB ssd. Installed Windows on it. Everything works perfectly. Problem was with the SSD. If anyone reading this and have the same problem, just buy a new SSD and everything should be fine.

TRENDING THREADS