Question Some apps can't see my new GPU....?!

rbogomolec

Honorable
Nov 16, 2017
Upgraded to a RX 6800 XT today. The PC games work fine and all, but emulators like PPSSPP, PCSX 2 and RPCS 3 don't see my GPU and I don't have Vulkan all of a sudden. Even ThrottleStop doesn't recognize that I have a GPU. All the solution I've found talk about disabling the integrated GPU first, but my CPU is a i5 9400f, which doesn't have an integrated GPU. I had a GTX 1660 till now and all those apps saw it and had Vulkan. My drivers are up to date. I reinstalled Vulkan. Still nothing. The slot where it say "Graphics Device" is empty and cannot be selected. In the "Render" tab there is only OGL and DX. RetroArch doesn't even open anymore. It's like they all don't see my GPU...

rbogomolec

Honorable
Nov 16, 2017
Ok, a reinstall of the drivers helped. I was afraid to uninstall them first though, you know, the "omg what if my screen turns black forever" fear. 😅 So I just did a full install/repair. Is that ok or is it better to uninstall everything and the do a clean install? I did put everything in the same folder again, so my guess that all the old files were overwritten and that it's ok like this.