Some apps deleted after reboot

Status
Not open for further replies.

masterton

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
The phone became sluggish. I rebooted. After reboot, some of my apps were gone. :-'(

I opened Application Manager. It appears the apps got deleted became "com.(developer's name).(app's name)" and 0.00B.

I tried to install one app which got deleted. It failed. (Error code: -110)

What's wrong? How could I get back the apps, data and settings?

I have no SD card.
It is Samsung Galaxy Note 2, not rooted.
Please help. Thanks a lot.

This happens all the time with eg Google own apps. You might want to check your Play Store from a browser to see whether you still have these apps there.

It might be that your phone is set to automatically update apps, and during update, these apps were deleted if their developer decided so. Contact app's developer for more info.

masterton

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Those apps are still available. I just couldn't install them. They always fail.
I tried to install via Google Play or the apk files. None works.

How could I backup the data and settings of those apps?
I browsed the phone folders from the computer (Windows). Some folders are empty. I guess the files of those folders are hidden. I couldn't backup the data.

Titanium Backup can backup apps and data, and in some case can restore them. But I think most powerful features need rooted device, and your is not.

Install some "real" file browser, like ES Explorer, it will let you browse real file system on the phone.

As a last resort - backup, then factory reset?

masterton

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016

Thanks a lot.

I tried Helium which states it can backup app data without root access. Unfortunately those apps which got deleted mysteriously were not on the backup list.

How could I backup those app data?

Titanium Backup needs root access. I've never rooted before.
What's the easiest way to root my phone? Thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.