Question Some areas feel different than others.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Hi i need some help with this issue that i can't figure out on my own, here are my specs.

Motherboard : Asus Prime B450 PLUS
CPU : Ryzen 3 2200G
RAM : Corsair Vengeance DDR-2400
PSU : TX550M Gold
GPU : ROG STRIX GTX 1060 06G
Operating System : Windows 10 Build 1809 64 Bit
BIOS Version : 0604

Issue is that in games half the places i go in the game look fluid and normal, others it looks less fluid, more smoothed out and slower, i have tested everything i can think of, here's a little backstory as to what happened when this started.

A while back my pc's ssd wouldn't boot so i had to reinstall it then the issue appeared, after extensive testing i tested a old spare motherboard to see if it had the same issue, it did, a week or two later my power supply failed so i got a new one, a few months later (this week) i got a new mobo cause everything pointed to my old one being broken.

Hooked it up, problem was that while i was screwing it in it hit a trace on the board, tiny scratch, also my standoffs got stuck on the board with the screws so i had to hold down the standoff with some plyers and unscrew it, while doing so it damaged some solder pins on the back but they are just excess so no worries there, there are some scrapes on the side of it from putting it in but they shouldn't do anything. Anyways i got it installed up and working, no issues popped up except i have the same issue with my old motherboard on this one, except my old one dosen't have any scratch marks or visual damage.

I have tested everything inside of windows, settings, drivers, different games, tried using my cpu's gpu instead of my own to rule that out, tried different drives, different ssd, different cables, tested my power supply's voltages, my monitors and their cables, also tried a different cpu and ram on my old spare motherboard, i can't find the cause of this issue so i've come here.

Here are some videos showing my issues

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ivxa-uWKxKM

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QHeqZF3LG6o

(Also the cpu's power is low on the video, i turned off power saver mode and set the cpu to gaming mode after i recorded that, same issue, there's also as huge ammount of screen tearing whenever i look at places where it's not fluid)

D

Deleted member 14196

Did this ever work properly at any time? Because if you did it’s probably just the new Nvidia drivers. May be able to install older ones that don’t have this issue however if this PC has always had this problem then you may be looking at hardware issues

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Did this ever work properly at any time? Because if you did it’s probably just the new Nvidia drivers. May be able to install older ones that don’t have this issue however if this PC has always had this problem then you may be looking at hardware issues

Alright i strongly remember it never being like this before it started, one day my ssd stopped working then bam, also i've tried older nvidia drivers, also tried different windows and everything i can think of

I just want to know, is what you see in the video normal in any way, cause i'm going insane not being able to figure this out.

D

Deleted member 14196

It certainly is not normal. And you’re not trying to run the settings to high? Also do you have two sticks of ram or just one?

D

Deleted member 14196

It could be. You could try stress testing the GPU with various GPU test software. I also use memtest86 to test your ran

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
It could be

Alright this is what i know so far, back when this started both my motherboards started having the same issue i have now and a bit later my psu failed, i got my new motherboard and there's a tiny scratch on it, some excess solder pins bent and some marks on the side, but any of that if broken would cause some of the motherboard to stop functioning, not cause something like this, plus all 3 motherboards causing the same identical issue, near impossible.

I've tested my GPU with Burnintest & Furmark ROG, nothing wrong, also tried other ram sticks, even a spare ddr3 on my other motherboard, same issue.

Look man i have tested everything i could test, the only culprits left are my motherboard and my power supply, problem is i've been told alot that those shouldn't cause these problems, + it dosen't make sense for my new motherboard to have the same issue as my old one, they don't have identical scratches or anything like that.

do you think static electricity could cause all this, i've been very careful but you think it's possible?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 14196

Did you remove the CPU from these motherboards at any point? bent pins can cause performance issues It could be a CPU problem

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
Did you remove the CPU from these motherboards at any point? bent pins can cause performance issues It could be a CPU problem

Yeah i've removed them but also checked for bent pins, if a cpu has bent pins it'd cause it to stop functioning, or less power if its a power pin, therefor less performance, but this issue wouldn't happen, once had a cpu with bent pins and tried using it, nothing happened like this.

Ok so i have a theory, what if when i hooked up my brand new motherboard, my power supply damaged it however it's fairly new, maybe my old motherboard damaged my psu and now my psu damaged my new mobo, except a damaged motherboard by all the research i've done would cause it to stop functioning in whatever area it's damaged, cause bsod's, crashing, freezing, e.t.c

never ever heard of a motherboard from anyone or throughout online causing any of this crap.

D

Deleted member 14196

Bent CPU pins can also cause memory problems as well as other problems. What were the results of the memory tests?

D

Deleted member 14196

Start looking at your temperatures while gaming and make sure the graphics in the CPU aren’t going over

D

Deleted member 14196

I still think you have a CPU problem if not the motherboard but you said you swapped out motherboards and still had this issue so

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I still think you have a CPU problem if not the motherboard but you said you swapped out motherboards and still had this issue so

I've just recently tested a old spare i3 on one of my motherboards that has the same issue, never used it before yesterday and same issue appeared, so unless my motherboards are damaging every cpu i put in them, which wouldn't make sense with my brand new one, unless my cpu is damaging my motherboard, it dosen't track.

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I've just recently tested a old spare i3 on one of my motherboards that has the same issue, never used it before yesterday and same issue appeared, so unless my motherboards are damaging every cpu i put in them, which wouldn't make sense with my brand new one, unless my cpu is damaging my motherboard, it dosen't track.

These are the culprits to my issue everytime i try each motherboard

1 - my motherboards, unlikely.
2 - my gpu
3 - my cpu
4 - my hard drives/ssd
5 - my cables
6 - my psu
7 - my monitors & cables connecting them
8 - my case cables connecting into the motherboard

i've tested each with spares, except the psu & case cables, although my old one had the same issue, my new one has nothing wrong with it so

(Even if i did replace some of this, it'd most likely run into the same issue, something in my pc keeps damaging anything new i put into it)

Last edited:

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
So you're changing motherboards all the time - do you reinstall windows after doing that?

Yes tried clean installations on different hard drives as well just incase and for the record my original mobo was a asus prime b350 plus, i had a spare asrock h61m-vs both of which had this issue pop up on them, then i got a new asus prime b450 plus to rectify the issue cause it was the only thing that made sense, but here i am with the same issue somehow.

D

Deleted member 14196

I was just about to ask him if he’s done clean windows installs with the motherboard change because you can’t do that. This sounds like he needs a fresh clean install of windows

darknightbacca1

Prominent
Feb 28, 2019
I was just about to ask him if he’s done clean windows installs with the motherboard change because you can’t do that. This sounds like he needs a fresh clean install of windows

Alright how about we do trial and error, i need you guys to tell me if something is possible or if you think it is, cause i'm sure you guys are experienced at tech, or atleast i hope.

Could a motherboard in any circumstance from damaged traces or perhaps static electricity cause areas in games to run fluid and other areas to run sluggish and slow.