Question Some black lines around textures

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
Hello!
In the game League of Legends, i have some black lines around 80% of all the textures, it's very annoying and I'm not sure why, see the examples below, thanks!
(zoom in / open the actual picture to see it better, it's even worse for me ingame)
Example 1: https://bit.ly/3JKNpfm
Example 2: https://bit.ly/3HDC8vf

i have some black lines around 80% of all the textures
usually this type of issue is due to having texture filter settings setup up wrong in your GPU control software(Nvidia Control Panel / AMD Adrenaline).

i see some odd jagged off-color lines around a few models but no black outlines on any textures.
but this is a rather cartoony looking game with lower quality graphics.

you need to take larger higher resolution screenshots and circle and/or point to what you're talking about.
and using the image insert option should allow them to be viewed here instead of needing to chase them to another site.

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
usually this type of issue is due to having texture filter settings setup up wrong in your GPU control software(Nvidia Control Panel / AMD Adrenaline).

i see some odd jagged off-color lines around a few models but no black outlines on any textures.
but this is a rather cartoony looking game with lower quality graphics.

you need to take larger higher resolution screenshots and circle and/or point to what you're talking about.
and using the image insert option should allow them to be viewed here instead of needing to chase them to another site.

Thanks for your reply, i changed to programcontrolled specificly for this game instead of x16 AF and it looks much better!

Reactions: JohnBonhamsGhost

Zickan

Prominent
Dec 29, 2021
the game must just use an odd Anisotropic filter then.
weird, i've never had an issue like that with newer games but used to see issues like this kind of often ~15+ years ago.
does the game offer different graphical options pertaining to this in it's video/graphics menu?
The normal "Details / Shadows" and so on, so nothing special there, they did have AA as an option to check on/off, but that didn't change anything no matter what i picked in the controlpanel. They didn't have anything els than that really that has to do with AF / AA. I don't think they cared that much about the graphics in that game and it's also a very old game now. League of legends released 2009, so I don't think they handle the x16 AF that well.