Some CPU suggestions to upgrade?

Ferimer

Distinguished
I'm wondering if someone can give some CPU suggestions to upgrade too. I am using a G4560 and a compatible Kaby lake Motherboard.MSI B250M PRO VD LGA 1151. I am in the market for a much better CPU and with so many on the market it is hard to choose. With a Game like Mount and Blade II Bannerlord eventually coming, i want to be able to run it at a good setting without having my CPU hold me back. My GPU is 1050ti. Thank you for responding

Solution
My first suggestion would be to get a set of two 8GB memory sticks so your system can run dual channel memory. You could probably trade the 4GB for a 8GB stick identical to the one you already have. This alone will give you a big performance boost.

You should feel no noticeable difference on 1050 ti going from g4560 to i3/i5 because they are both 4 threads so I would suggest going for an i7 like i7-7700

Ferimer

Distinguished

my cpuzid is there if need be. but im not sure what more you need in terms of what ive a;ready listed. i have cooler master evo 212 cooling system push pull set up and non stock thermal paste

larrycumming

Prominent
Aug 15, 2018
My first suggestion would be to get a set of two 8GB memory sticks so your system can run dual channel memory. You could probably trade the 4GB for a 8GB stick identical to the one you already have. This alone will give you a big performance boost.

You should feel no noticeable difference on 1050 ti going from g4560 to i3/i5 because they are both 4 threads so I would suggest going for an i7 like i7-7700

Solution

Ferimer

Distinguished
Yeah I had only so much funds at that time and getting another 8gb was super expensive. I'm in Canada and tech costs are outrageous here. Getting an 8gb would have been $120 where I was able to get a 4gb for about $50 so I opted to jump to 12gb for the time being. So i7 7700 or 7700k is the highest I can go. That is fine for me. Thank you for all your answers